DNP - Doctor of Nursing Practice (CCNE-accredited)
Capella University's Doctor of Nursing Practice (CCNE-accredited) program is intended for advanced practice nurses interested in taking on administrative duties, current nurse administrators seeking greater workplace responsibilities, and nursing professionals looking to design and institute healthcare programs. Learn more about Capella University's Doctor of Nursing Practice (CCNE-accredited) program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Nursing Practice (CCNE-accredited)
School Offering Program:
Applicants to Capella's Doctor of Nursing Practice (CCNE-accredited) program must have a master's degree in nursing, a valid RN license, and at least one year of experience as a registered nurse - or current employment as an RN. Some programs may have additional admissions requirements.
Capella's Doctor of Nursing Practice (CCNE-accredited) program is designed to provide individuals with knowledge and skills they can use to manage healthcare programs, advocate for patients, and implement effective and efficient policies for care. Capella's curriculum incorporates The Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice established by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). Students in the program have the opportunity to assess and apply nursing theories, develop appropriate therapeutic interventions, foster patient relationships, and gain healthcare management expertise. Field experiences represent an important component of the program, and students have the opportunity to complete a final project that involves designing a practice- and evidence-based therapy to a real-world healthcare challenge.
Total Credits Required:
52 quarter credits.
Financial Aid Available:
Capella participates in several federal financial aid programs including the Federal Pell Grant Program and Federal Stafford Loan Program. Capella is also eligible to certify Veterans Educational Benefits and can provide information on other non-federal loan programs.
Capella-funded scholarships are also available in select disciplines, such as the Robert C. Ford Human Services Scholarship and the Helene Krivosha Scholarship for education students. There are also external scholarships offered specifically to Capella students, such as the Go the Distance Scholarship.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Nursing Practice (CCNE-accredited):
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Capella University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- DNP 8000: Theoretical Foundations and Applications (4 credits)
- DNP 8001: DNP Field Experience 1 (1 credit)
- DNP 8002: Contemporary Issues in Advanced Nursing Practice (4 credits)
- DNP 8003: DNP Field Experience 2 (1 credit)
- DNP 8004: Investigation, Discovery, and Integration (4 credits)
- DNP 8005: DNP Field Experience 3 (1 credit)
- DNP 8006: Policy and Advocacy in Advanced Nursing Practice (4 credits)
- DNP 8007: DNP Field Experience 4 (1 credit)
- DNP 8008: Executive Leadership and Ethics in Health Care (4 credits)
- DNP 8009: DNP Field Experience 5 (1 credit)
- DNP 8010: Management in Advanced Contemporary Nursing (4 credits)
- DNP 8011: DNP Field Experience 6 (1 credit)
- DNP 8012: Nursing Technology and Health Care Information Systems (4 credits)
- DNP 8013: DNP Field Experience 7 (1 credit)
- DNP 8014: Global Population Health (4 credits)
- DNP 8015: DNP Field Experience 8 (1 credit)
- DNP 8016: DNP Capstone 1 (4 credits)
- DNP 8017: DNP Field Experience 9 (1 credit)
- DNP 8018: DNP Capstone 2 (4 credits)
- DNP 8019: DNP Field Experience 10 (1 credit)
- DNP R8016: DNP Residential Colloquium (2 credits)
Potential Career Paths:
Capella University's Doctor of Nursing Practice (CCNE-accredited) program is designed to provide advanced practice nurses with insight and field experiences they can leverage to take on or expand administrative responsibilities in hospitals, clinics, hospices, nursing homes, and other healthcare facilities.
Positions graduates may pursue include:
- Nurse supervisor
- Chief nursing officer
- Nurse administration supervisor
- Director of nursing
- Nurse care manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!