Capella University | MS - Human Resource Management (ACBSP-accredited)
Capella University's online Master of Science in Human Resource Management program is designed to teach or advance students' knowledge of human resources strategies and leadership qualities. Learn more about this online ACBSP-accredited MS in Human Resource Management program.
Official Program Name:
Master of Science in Human Resource Management
School Offering Program:
Students thinking of applying to the online Master of Science in Human Resource Management program at Capella University should have experience or an interest in human resource leadership and management. Prospective students should also have strong skills in reading, writing, and communication. Applicants to all graduate programs at Capella University must hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited university; some programs may have additional admission requirements.
The online Master of Science in Human Resource Management program at Capella University is designed to help current and aspiring human resource professionals advance their business practices and HR knowledge to become leaders in their field. Students may learn to communicate professionally and effectively in various business settings. Learners also have the chance to explore how to apply critical thinking and analytical skills to decision-making and problem-solving. Students have the opportunity to examine inventive and viable theories and strategies for business planning and implementation, and they might study subjects like talent acquisition, leading and managing workplace learning, employment law, and human resource practice. The MS in Human Resource Management program at Capella is ACBSP accredited.
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, loans, and scholarships. Contact Capella University's financial aid office for more information.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for the Master of Science in Human Resource Management:
Students enrolled in the online Master of Science in Human Resource Management program at Capella University are asked to complete 48 credits in required courses including a capstone course to be taken in the final quarter. Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Capella University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Required Courses (48 credits)
- Survey of Human Resource Management in Practice
- Leading and Managing Workplace Learning
- Talent Acquisition and Workforce Planning
- Analytics, Metrics, and Decision Making for Human Resource Management
- Enterprised-Aligned Human Resource Management Strategy
- Comprehensive Reward Systems
- Employment Law in the Successful Workplace
- Leading and Influencing for the Human Resource Practitioner
- Students choose three courses from the following:
- Enhancing Business Acumen for Human Resource Management Professionals
- Certification Examination Preparation for the aPHR, PHR and SPHR
- Certification Examination Preparation for the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP
- Human Resource Professionals as Internal Consultants
- Human Resource Legal Challenges and Solutions
- Global Human Resource Practice
- Developing an Effective Workplace
- Leading Global and Diverse Cultures
- Leader as Change Agent
- HRM Capstone: Creating an Effective Human Resource Practice
Furthering Your Education:
Students with a Master of Science in Human Resource Management from Capella University could be interested in advancing their studies through a business, an educational, or a traditional PhD program. Doctoral opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Doctor of Business in Human Resource Management
- Doctor of Philosophy in Business Management: Human Resource Management
- Doctor of Education in Performance Improvement Leadership
Graduates with a Master of Science in Human Resource Management from Capella University may have gained the ability to communicate ethically and precisely and have refined leadership skills. They could be able to use critical thinking skills to problem solve using innovative business strategies and practices. Graduates could work in any business industry, such as hospitals, government, education, and finance. Graduates may be interested in the following career paths:
- Director of human resources
- Human resource consultant
- Training and development manager
- Compensation and benefits manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!