BS in Health Care Management
Colorado Technical University's Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management program provides students already working in the healthcare field with education that could help them advance to management positions in the field. Read more about Colorado Technical University's BS in Healthcare Management program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management
School Offering Program:
Colorado Technical University
Bachelor of Science
Those interested in entering Colorado Technical University's Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management program should already be working in a healthcare setting and have taken preparatory courses in algebra and English composition. Applicants to Colorado Technical University's programs should have already earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
Colorado Technical University's Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management program is designed to provide a broad education in many aspects of healthcare management, including finance, marketing, advertising, healthcare services administration, and information systems. Topics addressed in the program coursework include change management, healthcare data management, healthcare systems history, fiscal management, and healthcare economics. A mentored two-part internship in a healthcare organization is part of the curriculum. General education courses are taken in human resource management, statistics, ethics, psychology, and sociology.
Offered at selected campuses
Financial aid is available for those who qualify, and Colorado Technical University's staff help students identify aid options. Aid opportunities include federal grants; military aid; and federal, state, and private lending programs. Financial aid options differ based on the program's learning format.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Colorado Technical University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- ACCT 201: Accounting I (4 credits)
- ACCT 202: Accounting II (4 credits)
- ACCT 203: Accounting III (4 credits)
- BADM 100: Introduction to Business (4 credits)
- BADM 305: Organizational Behavior (4 credits)
- BADM 370: Quality Management (4 credits)
- BADM 410: Business Law I (4 credits)
- BADM 440: Research Design Methods and Applications (4 credits)
- ECON 201: Macroeconomics (4 credits)
- ECON 202: Microeconomics (4 credits)
- HRMT 430: Managing Diversity (4 credits)
- HRMT 440: Managing Organizational Change (4 credits)
- HSS 121: Medical Terminology (4 credits)
- HSS 300: Healthcare Law and Regulations (4 credits)
- HSS 310: Economics of Healthcare (4 credits)
- HSS 320: Administration in Healthcare Services (4 credits)
- HSS 350: Healthcare Systems (4 credits)
- HSS 410: Fiscal Management in Healthcare (4 credits)
- HSS 415: Health Information Systems (4 credits)
- HSS 481: Externship/Project I (4 credits)
- HSS 482: Externship/Project II (4 credits)
- IT 254: Spreadsheet Applications (4 credits)
- MEDA 132: Study of Disease Processes (4 credits)
- MKTG 210: Introduction to Marketing (4 credits)
- MKTG 320: Advertising and Public Relations (4 credits)
- PBAD 311: Shaping Public Policy: Politics and the Legislative Process (4 credits)
- PBAD 411: Administrative Law and the Adjudicatory Process (4 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Following completion of Colorado Technical University's Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management program, graduates seeking to expand their knowledge could enter a graduate degree program. In addition to increasing knowledge and further developing skills, a master's degree could be required for advancement to upper management positions.
Master's degree options for graduates include (but are not limited to):
- Master of Healthcare Administration
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration with a concentration in healthcare administration
Graduates of Colorado Technical University's Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management program could advance in their current position or seek management jobs in other areas of healthcare. They could apply the management and administrative skills they might have developed in the program to areas of healthcare finance, accounting, marketing, public relations, and quality management.
Possible places of employment for graduates include:
- Long-term care facilities
- Group medical offices
CTU does not guarantee employment or salary. University grants or scholarships are based on established criteria as published in the University's catalog and are awarded after verification that the conditions of eligibility have been met.
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!