BS in Information Systems Management
Students enrolled in Colorado Technical University's Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Management program have the opportunity to study networking, web development, UNIX, and other related topics. Learn more about Colorado Technical University's Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Management program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Management
School Offering Program:
Colorado Technical University
Applicants to CTU's Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Management program should have an interest in the field of information technology and be comfortable working with software programs. Applicants to Colorado Technical University's programs should have already earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
CTU's Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Management program is designed to teach students the skills needed to manage, maintain, and implement information and computing systems. The degree program is comprised of general education and core courses. Some of the topics covered in the core courses include computer technology, computer security, structured query language, client / server operating systems, and computer networks and communications. A capstone sequence is required to complete the degree program.
Offered at selected campuses
Financial aid is available for those who qualify, and Colorado Technical University's Staff help students identify aid options. Aid opportunities include federal grants; military aid; and federal, state, and private lending programs. Financial aid options differ based on the program's learning format.
Total Credits Required:
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Management:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Colorado Technical University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- ACCT 201: Accounting I (4 credits)
- BADM 305 or BADM 410: International Business or Business Law I (4 credits)
- CS 104: Problem Solving Concepts With C++ (4 credits)
- CS 146: Introduction to UNIX (4 credits)
- CSS 150: Introduction to Computer Security (4 credits)
- EM 208 or EBUS 208: Web Development I or Web Site / Portfolio Development (4 credits)
- EM 210: Introduction to 3D Virtual Worlds (4 credits)
- EM 218: Web Development II (4 credits)
- EM 228: Scripting for the Web (4 credits)
- EM 270: Emerging Media and Technology (4 credits)
- EM 420: Web-Based Database Applications (4 credits)
- FINC 200: Applied Finance and Managerial Accounting (4 credits)
- IT 145: Client / Server Operating Systems (4 credits)
- IT 180: Introduction to Computer Technology (4 credits)
- IT 190: Introduction to IT (4 credits)
- IT 200: Introduction to Networking (4 credits)
- IT 225: IT Support Systems (4 credits)
- IT 300: Computer Networks and Communications (4 credits)
- IT 340: Client / Server System and Network Administration (4 credits)
- IT 400: Information Technology Architectures (4 credits)
- IT 485: ISM Capstone I (4 credits)
- IT 486: ISM Capstone II (4 credits)
- PM 220: Project Management Tools (4 credits)
General Education Courses
- BADM 100: Introduction to Business (4 credits)
- ECON 201: Macroeconomics (4 credits)
- ENGL 111: English Composition I (4 credits)
- ENGL 112: English Composition II (4 credits)
- ENGL 210: Professional Speaking (4 credits)
- ENGL 240 or ENGL 200: Professional Communication for Technical Careers or Professional Writing (4 credits)
- HIST 150 or HIST 210: World History Since 1500 or World History and Culture I (4 credits)
- INTD 111 or INTD 121: Creating Academic and Professional Success or Introduction to the Design Process (4 credits)
- IT 235: Database Applications With Access (4 credits)
- IT 254: Spreadsheet Applications (4 credits)
- LITR 220 or HUMN 200: Values in World Literature or Art and Music Appreciation (4 credits)
- MATH 103 or MATH 143: College Algebra or Business Algebra (4 credits)
- MATH 306: Computer Assisted Statistics (4 credits)
- PHIL 340 or PHIL 310: Ethics for the Technology Age or Ethics (4 credits)
- PSYC 100 or SOCL 101: Introduction to Psychology or Introduction to Sociology (4 credits)
- SCI 205: Environmental Science (4 credits)
Furthering Your Education:
Students who have completed Colorado Technical University's Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Management program could pursue a master's degree program in a related field. Some of the courses that may be offered include database management, enterprise architecture, telecommunications management, distributed systems, and object-oriented programming. Some degree programs may also offer concentrations and they could include areas such as information security management, electronic commerce, medical informatics, and business intelligence.
Some possible master's degree programs could include:
- Master of Science in Information Systems Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology and Management
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Science in Information Systems
Graduates of Colorado Technical University's Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Management program could pursue entry-level jobs in the field. These entry-level jobs may be found with businesses and corporations that rely heavily on networks and databases to conduct business transactions.
Some possible job titles include:
- Network administrator
- Database administrator
- Information technology manager
- Computer systems analyst
Colorado Technical University does not guarantee salary or employment.
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!