BS in Information Technology
Students enrolled in Colorado Technical University's Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program have an opportunity to learn about networking, structured query language, information technology architectures, and web development. Learn more about Colorado Technical University's Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
School Offering Program:
Colorado Technical University
Applicants to CTU's Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program should have some experience with networks, databases, and information technology administration. Applicants to Colorado Technical University's programs should have already earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
CTU's Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program is designed to teach students about client and server operating systems, discrete mathematics, user interface design, UNIX, and computer security. The degree program is divided into general education courses, core courses, and concentration courses. For the concentration courses, students have ability to select their own electives to fulfill requirements in technical and professional tracks.
Offered online and at selected campuses
Financial aid is available for those who qualify, and Colorado Technical University's Staff help students identify aid options. Aid opportunities include federal grants; military aid; and federal, state, and private lending programs. Financial aid options differ based on the program's learning format.
Total Credits Required:
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Management:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Colorado Technical University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- BADM 410, BADM 475, or EBUS 308: Business Law I, Small Business Management and Entrepreneurship, or Introduction to e-Business (4 credits)
- CS 104: Problem Solving Concepts with C++ (4 credits)
- CS 146: Introduction to UNIX (4 credits)
- CS 246: Structured Query Language (4 credits)
- CS 346: User Interface Design (4 credits)
- CS 376: Object Oriented Methods (4 credits)
- CSS 150: Introduction to Computer Security (4 credits)
- EM 208 or EBUS 208: Web Development I or Web Site / Portfolio Development (4 credits)
- IT 145: Client / Server Operating Systems (4 credits)
- IT 200: Introduction to Networking (4 credits)
- IT 300: Computer Networks and Communications (4 credits)
- IT 340: Client / Server System and Network Administration (4 credits)
- IT 400: Information Technology Architecture (4 credits)
- IT 481: IT Capstone I (4 credits)
- IT 482: IT Capstone II (4 credits)
- MATH 200: Discrete Mathematics (4 credits)
- PM 220: Project Management Tools (4 credits)
- PM 434: Project Scheduling and Cost (4 credits)
- TECH ELE: Select 12 credits of approved technical electives
- PROG TRACKELE: Select 20 credits from the Professional Track electives
- PROG ELE: Select one object-oriented program language and take 12 credits at language
General Education Courses
- BADM 100: Introduction to Business (4 credits)
- CS 250: Fundamentals of Database Systems (4 credits)
- ECON 201: Macroeconomics (4 credits)
- ENGL 111: English Composition I (4 credits)
- ENGL 112: English Composition II (4 credits)
- ENGL 210: Professional Speaking (4 credits)
- ENGL 240 or ENGL 200: Professional Communication for Technical Careers or Professional Writing (4 credits)
- HIST 150 or HIST 210: World History Since 1500 or World History and Culture I (4 credits)
- INTD 111 or INTD 121: Creating Academic and Professional Success or Introduction to the Design Process (4 credits)
- IT 254: Spreadsheet Applications (4 credits)
- LITR 220 or HUMN 200: Values in World Literature or Art and Music Appreciation (4 credits)
- MATH 103: College Algebra (4 credits)
- MATH 306: Computer Assisted Statistics (4 credits)
- PHIL 340 or PHIL 310: Ethics for the Technology Age or Ethics (4 credits)
- PSYC 100 or SOCL 101: Introduction to Psychology or Introduction to Sociology (4 credits)
- SCI 205: Environmental Science (4 credits)
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of Colorado Technical University's Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program have the opportunity to enroll in master's degree programs in the field. Many of these master's degree programs offer students the ability to choose a concentration area. Some possible concentration areas include e-business management, computer security, and information technology management. Courses are often augmented with laboratory exercises, which give students a chance to gain hands-on experience.
Some possible master's degree programs could include:
- Master of Science in Information Systems
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Science in Information Systems Management
- Master of Science in Information Technology and Management
Students who have completed Colorado Technical University's Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program could pursue entry-level jobs in the information technology field. Information technology professionals are employed in a wide number of industries. Some potential employers could include financial firms, telecommunications companies, business management organizations, and government agencies.
Some potential job titles could include:
- Database administrator
- Business intelligence analyst
- Web administrator
- Computer security specialist
Colorado Technical University does not guarantee salary or employment.
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!