BS in Information Technology - Data Management
Students who would like to prepare for a career in computer technologies should consider the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a specialization in Data Management program at Colorado Technical University. Find out more about the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a specialization in Data Management program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a specialization in Data Management
School Offering Program:
Colorado Technical University
Potential applicants to the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a specialization in Data Management program should have an interest in database systems, operating systems, and information technologies. Applicants to Colorado Technical University's programs should have already earned a high school diploma or equivalent.
Colorado Technical University's Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a specialization in Data Management program introduces students to key topics and technologies, such as programming, operating systems, network management, database systems, SQL, and computer security. Specialization coursework examines accounting information systems, data structures, advanced database systems, spreadsheet applications, data mining, and business intelligence systems. Students have the opportunity to develop skills in operations management, marketing research, quality assurance, and project management.
Offered online and at selected campuses
Financial aid is available for those who qualify, and Colorado Technical University's staff help students identify aid options. Aid opportunities include federal grants; military aid; and federal, state, and private lending programs. Financial aid options differ based on the program's learning format.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a Specialization in Data Management:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Colorado Technical University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- CS 126: UNIX Fundamentals (4 credits)
- CS 250: Fundamentals of Database Systems (4 credits)
- CS 363: Structured Query Language for Data Management (4 credits)
- CSS 150: Introduction to Computer Security (4 credits)
- EM 208: Web Development I (4 credits)
- IT 106: Introduction to Programming Logic (4 credits)
- IT 110: Introduction to Programming (4 credits)
- IT 145: Client/Server Operating Systems (4 credits)
- IT 245: Introduction to Network Management (4 credits)
- IT 401: Information Technology Architectures (4 credits)
- IT 422: Introduction to Systems Analysis and Design (4 credits)
- IT 424: Systems Acquisition and Sourcing (4 credits)
- IT 426: System Integration and Organization Deployment (4 credits)
- MPM 210: Introduction to Project Management (6 credits)
- ACCT 370: Accounting Information Systems (4 credits)
- BADM 150: Contemporary Business Trends (4 credits)
- IT 265: Data Structures For Problem Solving (4 credits)
- CS 352: Advanced Database Systems (4 credits)
- CS 455: Software Requirements Engineering (4 credits)
- CSS 335: Data Security, Quality, and Integrity (4 credits)
- EBUS 310: e-Business Data Analysis (4 credits)
- MATH 476: Quantitative Decision Making (4 credits)
- IT 254: Spreadsheet Applications (4 credits)
- MGMT 345: Operations Management (4 credits)
- MKT 350: Marketing Research Practices (4 credits)
- IT 415: Business Intelligence (4 credits)
- IT 416: Business Knowledge Systems (4 credits)
- IT 417: Data Extraction, Transformation, and Loading (4 credits)
- IT 418: Decision Support Systems and Data Warehousing (4 credits)
- MPM: 357 Project Performance and Quality Assurance (4 credits)
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a specialization in Data Management program have the opportunity to continue their education with graduate studies. Students who earn an IT-related master's degree can develop advanced skills and knowledge in information systems, software design, and computer security. Depending on their professional goals, graduates may be interested in master's programs such as:
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Master of Applied Information Technology
- Master of Information Systems Management
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology with a specialization in Data Management program can help students prepare for entry into the information technology field. Graduates of the program could pursue positions such as:
- Database administrator
- Systems administrator
- Network engineer
- IT project manager
CTU does not guarantee employment or salary. University grants or scholarships are based on established criteria as published in the University's catalog and are awarded after verification that the conditions of eligibility have been met.