Doctor of Management in Health Care Management & Leadership
The Doctor of Management in Health Care Management and Leadership program at Colorado Technical University is designed for current or aspiring leaders in the health care industry who are seeking an education that could help them further develop their administrative skills or help prepare them for academic careers. Read on for more information about this doctoral degree program.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Management in Health Care Management and Leadership
School Offering Program:
Colorado Technical University
Before enrolling in the Doctor of Management in Health Care Management and Leadership program, prospective students might have some experience in a health care setting and possess strong organizational and decision-making skills. Applicants to Colorado Technical University's graduate programs should have already earned a bachelor's degree.
The curriculum of the Doctor of Management in Health Care Management and Leadership program at CTU provides students with the opportunity to study leadership strategies and techniques they could apply to the management of health care policy, operations, and systems. In concentration courses, students could learn about health policy development processes, health care financial management, health care systems improvement strategies, operational planning strategies, and health care management opportunities. Core courses are designed to focus on leadership and management theories, strategic thinking, professional ethics, and organizational development. Research projects and field experiences in professional settings are included in the program. A doctoral dissertation process must also be completed.
Offered online and at selected campuses
Financial aid is available for those who qualify, and Colorado Technical University's staff help students identify aid options. Aid opportunities include federal grants; military aid; and federal, state, and private lending programs. Financial aid options differ based on the program's learning format.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Management in Health Care Management and Leadership:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Colorado Technical University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- MGMT 802: Management Theory (4 credits)
- MGMT 804: Principles of Research Methods and Design (4 credits)
- MGMT 808: Management and Ethics (4 credits)
- MGMT 812: Qualitative Research Methods (4 credits)
- MGMT 814: Quantitative Research Methods (4 credits)
- MGMT 818: Leadership Theory and Development (4 credits)
- MGMT 822: Application of Action Research (4 credits)
- MGMT 824: Strategic Thinking and Organizational Alignment (4 credits)
- MGMT 828: Practice and Theory of Consulting and Intervention (4 credits)
- MGMT 832: Organization Innovation and Scenario Thinking (4 credits)
- MGMT 860: Doctoral Research I: Principles of Research and Writing (4 credits)
- MGMT 861: Doctoral Research II: Annotated Bibliography (4 credits)
- MGMT 862: Dissertation Research Process (4 credits)
- MGMT 863: Doctoral Research III: Dissertation Literature Review (4 credits)
- MGMT 864: Doctoral Research IV: Dissertation Methods (4 credits)
- MGMT 865: Doctoral Research V: Dissertation Introduction (4 credits)
- MGMT 866: Doctoral Research VI: Dissertation Findings (4 credits)
- MGMT 867: Doctoral Research VII: Dissertation Discussion and Conclusion (4 credits)
- MGMT 868: Doctoral Research VIII: Dissertation Conclusion (4 credits)
Health Care Management and Leadership Concentration Courses
- HCML 870: Health Policy and Regulations (4 credits)
- HCML 872: Economics and Financing of Health Care Organizations (4 credits)
- HCML 874: Continuous Improvement for Systems in Health Care (4 credits)
- HCML 876: Informatics in Health Care (4 credits)
- HCML 878: Advanced Career Strategies in Health Care Management (4 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Graduates of CTU's Doctor of Management in Health Care Management and Leadership could be prepared to explore senior management or executive positions in hospitals, clinics, managed care companies, or long-term care facilities. If already employed, graduates might apply methods and techniques they might have learned in the program to their current management position. They could also consider instructional or administrative careers in a college or university.
Positions graduates could pursue include:
- Health care policy analyst
- Health care administration instructor
- Dean of health sciences department
CTU does not guarantee employment or salary. University grants or scholarships are based on established criteria as published in the University's catalog and are awarded after verification that the conditions of eligibility have been met.
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!