Doctor of Management in Leadership
Business professionals seeking an opportunity to enhance their leadership qualities or possibly prepare for academic careers might consider enrolling in Colorado Technical University's Doctor of Management in Leadership program. Read more about this doctoral degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Management in Leadership
School Offering Program:
Colorado Technical University
Prospective students of the Doctor of Management in Leadership program might have current or recent experience in a corporate setting. Strong organizational, problem-solving, and decision-making skills are helpful. Applicants to Colorado Technical University's graduate programs should have already earned a bachelor's degree.
The Doctor of Management in Leadership program at CTU offers study in advanced management theories, concepts, and strategies. Topics designed to be addressed in area of concentration courses include leadership styles, change management, organizational leadership practices, and leadership career opportunities. The core curriculum is intended to provide study in management-leader roles, strategic thinking, business innovation, leadership theory, and professional ethics. Field experiences give students the chance to apply methods and techniques studied throughout the program in an actual business environment. A dissertation process requires that students research, write, and present an extensive paper on a relevant topic.
Offered online and at selected campuses
Financial aid is available for those who qualify, and Colorado Technical University's staff help students identify aid options. Aid opportunities include federal grants; military aid; and federal, state, and private lending programs. Financial aid options differ based on the program's learning format.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Management in Leadership:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Colorado Technical University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- MGMT 802: Management Theory (4 credits)
- MGMT 804: Principles of Research Methods and Design (4 credits)
- MGMT 808: Management and Ethics (4 credits)
- MGMT 812: Qualitative Research Methods (4 credits)
- MGMT 814: Quantitative Research Methods (4 credits)
- MGMT 818: Leadership Theory and Development (4 credits)
- MGMT 822: Application of Action Research (4 credits)
- MGMT 824: Strategic Thinking and Organizational Alignment (4 credits)
- MGMT 828: Practice and Theory of Consulting and Intervention (4 credits)
- MGMT 832: Organization Innovation and Scenario Thinking (4 credits)
- MGMT 860: Doctoral Research I: Principles of Research and Writing (4 credits)
- MGMT 861: Doctoral Research II: Annotated Bibliography (4 credits)
- MGMT 862: Dissertation Research Process (4 credits)
- MGMT 863: Doctoral Research III: Dissertation Literature Review (4 credits)
- MGMT 864: Doctoral Research IV: Dissertation Methods (4 credits)
- MGMT 865: Doctoral Research V: Dissertation Introduction (4 credits)
- MGMT 866: Doctoral Research VI: Dissertation Findings (4 credits)
- MGMT 867: Doctoral Research VII: Dissertation Discussion and Conclusion (4 credits)
- MGMT 868: Doctoral Research VIII: Dissertation Conclusion (4 credits)
Leadership Concentration Courses
- LDR 870: Self-Insight and Personal Development as a Leader (4 credits)
- LDR 872: Leading Change (4 credits)
- LDR 874: Special Topics in Leadership (4 credits)
- LDR 876: Leadership, Technology, and Social Media (4 credits)
- LDR 878: Advanced Career Strategies in Leadership (4 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Graduates of CTU's Doctor of Management in Leadership program could apply techniques and methods studied in this program to their current position, if applicable. They might also use this degree to explore career advancement opportunities or to seek teaching or administrative careers in a college or university.
Positions graduates could pursue include:
- Professor of management
- Dean, school of management
CTU does not guarantee employment or salary. University grants or scholarships are based on established criteria as published in the University's catalog and are awarded after verification that the conditions of eligibility have been met.