Doctor of Management in Project Management
Colorado Technical University's Doctor of Management in Project Management program is designed to help current project or program managers develop their leadership skills to the highest level. Continue reading for more information about this doctoral degree program.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Management in Project Management
School Offering Program:
Colorado Technical University
It could be helpful for prospective students of the Doctor of Management in Project Management program to have current management experience in a business environment. Applicants to Colorado Technical University's graduate programs should have already earned a bachelor's degree.
Students of the Doctor of Management in Project Management program at CTU will have the opportunity to learn about various leadership approaches to project, program, and portfolio management. In concentration courses, they could study multi-project management techniques and tools, product life-cycles, performance assessment methods, risk management, and quality control. The core curriculum is designed to address leadership theories, manager-leader responsibilities, strategic thinking, organization development, and consulting processes. Field experiences in actual business environments and a dissertation process are included in the curriculum.
Offered online and at selected campuses
Financial aid is available for those who qualify, and Colorado Technical University's staff help students identify aid options. Aid opportunities include federal grants; military aid; and federal, state, and private lending programs. Financial aid options differ based on the program's learning format.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Management in Project Management:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Colorado Technical University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- MGMT 802: Management Theory (4 credits)
- MGMT 804: Principles of Research Methods and Design (4 credits)
- MGMT 808: Management and Ethics (4 credits)
- MGMT 812: Qualitative Research Methods (4 credits)
- MGMT 814: Quantitative Research Methods (4 credits)
- MGMT 818: Leadership Theory and Development (4 credits)
- MGMT 822: Application of Action Research (4 credits)
- MGMT 824: Strategic Thinking and Organizational Alignment (4 credits)
- MGMT 828: Practice and Theory of Consulting and Intervention (4 credits)
- MGMT 832: Organization Innovation and Scenario Thinking (4 credits)
- MGMT 860: Doctoral Research I: Principles of Research and Writing (4 credits)
- MGMT 861: Doctoral Research II: Annotated Bibliography (4 credits)
- MGMT 862: Dissertation Research Process (4 credits)
- MGMT 863: Doctoral Research III: Dissertation Literature Review (4 credits)
- MGMT 864: Doctoral Research IV: Dissertation Methods (4 credits)
- MGMT 865: Doctoral Research V: Dissertation Introduction (4 credits)
- MGMT 866: Doctoral Research VI: Dissertation Findings (4 credits)
- MGMT 867: Doctoral Research VII: Dissertation Discussion and Conclusion (4 credits)
- MGMT 868: Doctoral Research VIII: Dissertation Conclusion (4 credits)
Project Management Concentration Courses
- PM 870: Life-Cycle and Performance Management (4 credits)
- PM 872: Portfolio and Program Management (4 credits)
- PM 874: Special Topics in Project Management (4 credits)
- PM 876: Risk and Quality Management (4 credits)
- PM 878: Advanced Career Strategies in Project Management (4 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Graduates of CTU's Doctor of Management in Project Management program might seek greater responsibilities in their current position or pursue senior management or executive opportunities with their present or a new company. This doctoral degree program could also help graduates prepare for academic careers in a postsecondary setting.
Positions graduates could pursue include:
- Senior project manager
- Management consultant
- Professor of management
CTU does not guarantee employment or salary. University grants or scholarships are based on established criteria as published in the University's catalog and are awarded after verification that the conditions of eligibility have been met.