Diploma in Practical Nursing
Students who enjoy helping people and are interested in being a member of a healthcare provider team should consider ECPI University's Diploma in Practical Nursing program. Read here to find out more about the Diploma in Practical Nursing program.
Official Program Name:
Diploma in Practical Nursing
School Offering Program:
Applicants to ECPI University's Diploma in Practical Nursing program should have a high school diploma or GED. Applicants must also achieve a passing score on ECPI University's admissions test.
The Diploma in Practical Nursing program at ECPI University offers students classroom, laboratory, and clinical instruction. Students have the opportunity to develop critical thinking skills as they learn how to provide comfort and care to patients while assisting advanced healthcare practitioners. They can gain the ability to communicate with clients, families, and healthcare team members effectively. The program also introduces students to:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Medical surgical nursing
- Acute care nursing
Online or On-Campus (please contact ECPI University for program availability at a location near you)
Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Eligible students could be able to receive financial aid in the form of grants, scholarships, and loans. Consult with ECPI University for more information about financial assistance.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Diploma in Practical Nursing:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact ECPI University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Arts and Sciences Courses (6 credits)
- FRS 114: Freshman Orientation
- MED 164: Anatomy & Physiology I
- MED 165: Anatomy & Physiology II
- MTH 156: Nursing Math
- PSY 108: Normal Lifespan
Core Curriculum - Virginia Campuses (42 credits)
- NUR 101: Foundations of Nursing I
- NUR 102: Foundations of Nursing II
- NUR 104: Foundations of Nursing III
- NUR 105: Foundations of Nursing IV
- NUR 149: Pharmacology I
- NUR 152: Pharmacology II
- NUR 190: Medical Surgical Nursing I
- NUR 201: Medical Surgical Nursing II
- NUR 208: Medical Surgical Nursing III
- NUR 210: Acute Care Nursing I
- NUR 211: Acute Care Nursing II
- NUR 213: Acute Care Nursing III
- NUR 232: Nursing Leadership
Core Curriculum - North and South Carolina Campuses (42 credits)
- NUR 114: Foundations of Nursing I
- NUR 115: Foundations of Nursing II
- NUR 117: Foundations of Nursing III
- NUR 118: Foundations of Nursing IV
- NUR 130: Pharmacology I
- NUR 131: Pharmacology II
- NUR 205: Medical Surgical Nursing I
- NUR 206: Medical Surgical Nursing II
- NUR 207: Medical Surgical Nursing III
- NUR 235: Acute Care Nursing I
- NUR 236: Acute Care Nursing II
- NUR 237: Acute Care Nursing III
- NUR 238: Role Transitions
The Diploma in Practical Nursing program is intended to help students prepare for licensure and entry-level employment opportunities as a practical nurse. Graduates of the program are given vouchers that allow them to take the National Council Licensing Exam for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN) at a discounted rate. Graduates must pass the NCLEX-PN before seeking employment as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). LPNs can seek positions in:
- Physicians' offices
- Acute care facilities
- Long-term care facilities
- Nursing homes
- Public schools
- Correctional facility infirmaries
- Other healthcare settings working under the supervision of more senior healthcare practitioners and registered nurses to deliver patient care
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!