BFA in Creative Writing for Entertainment
Full Sail University's Bachelor of Fine Arts in Creative Writing for Entertainment program is designed to help students prepare for an exciting career in the entertainment industry. Read on to learn more about the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Creative Writing for Entertainment.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Creative Writing for Entertainment
School Offering Program:
Full Sail University
Full Sail University's Bachelor of Fine Arts program in Creative Writing for Entertainment is designed to provide students with the skills they will need to pursue a career in the entertainment writing field. The program focuses on following the evolution of the story from the brainstorming process to its implementation across a variety of different mediums. Students have the opportunity to focus on areas of study that include researching the techniques and conventions of writing for a variety of genres and channels. Students also have the opportunity to learn how to write compelling content for television, film, websites, video games, and social media. The program is designed to teach students how to market themselves and their work within the entertainment industry. Furthermore, the program aims to teach students about the many facets of the writing process and provide students with editorial skills so that they may pursue careers in creative writing.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
128 credit hours
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Creative Writing for Entertainment:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Full Sail University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- ECW 3721: Children's Entertainment (4 credits)
- ECW 1223: Creative Skills Development (4 credits)
- ECW 3111: Creative Writing Genre I: Comedy and Tragedy (4 credits)
- ECW 3211: Creative Writing Genre II: Horror, Mystery and Suspense (4 credits)
- ECW 3311: Creative Writing Genre III: Science Fiction and Fantasy (4 credits)
- ECW 4653: Creative Writing Portfolio Assembly I (4 credits)
- ECW 4953: Creative Writing Portfolio Assembly II (4 credits)
- ECW 1715: Creative Writing Research (4 credits)
- ECW 2841: Developing New Worlds: Environment and Historical Research (4 credits)
- DGL 101: Digital Literacy (4 credits)
- ECW 3520: Introduction to Game Writing (4 credits)
- ECW 2123: Literary Techniques and Story Development (4 credits)
- ECW 2743: Literature Criticism and Analytical Thinking (4 credits)
- ECW 3953: Publishing and Distribution (4 credits)
- ECW 4711: Revisions and Editing (4 credits)
- ECW 2955: Scriptwriting Techniques (4 credits)
- ECW 2351: Symbolic Communications and Cartography (4 credits)
- ECW 3831: The Creative Writing Industry (4 credits)
- ECW 3651: Transmedia Writing (4 credits)
- ECW 1410: Visual Thinking and Writing (4 credits)
- ECW 4101: Writing Workshop I: Film (4 credits)
- ECW 4220: Writing Workshop II: Television (4 credits)
- ECW 4320: Writing Workshop III: Storyboarding, Animation & Comics (4 credits)
- ECW 4420: Writing Workshop IV: Video Game & Interactive Formats (4 credits)
- ART 2007: Art History (4 credits)
- CLP 1006: Behavioral Science (4 credits)
- MGF 1213: College Mathematics† (4 credits)
- CGS 1000: Computer Science and Internet (4 credits)
- ENC 1101: English Composition I (4 credits)
- ENC 1102: English Composition II (4 credits)
- PSC 1030: Fundamentals of Physical Science (4 credits)
- GEN 251: Historical Archetypes & Mythology (4 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates from the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Creative Writing Program may be eligible to pursue careers in creative writing jobs in the entertainment industry. Students interested in increased responsibilities or career advancement may be interested in pursuing an advanced degree. Graduates from the BFA in Creative Writing for Entertainment could pursue several master's degrees, including:
- MS Business Entertainment
- MFA Creative Writing
- MS Entertainment Media Design & Technology
- MFA Media Design
Full Sail University's Bachelor of Fine Arts in Creative Writing for Entertainment program is designed to prepare students to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. Full Sail University's graduates have gone on to work for movie productions, television studios, and new media. Possible careers graduates could pursue include:
- Storyboard Writer
- Web Content Writer
- Script Writer
- Video Game Writer
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!