BS in Computer Animation
Students enrolled in Full Sail University's Bachelor of Science in Computer Animation program have the opportunity to learn how to use computer animation tools and software. Read more about Full Sail University's BS in Computer Animation program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Computer Animation
School Offering Program:
Full Sail University
Bachelor of Science
Full Sail University's Bachelor of Science in Computer Animation program is designed for students interested in developing their 2D and 3D computer animation skills. The program begins with animation fundamentals such as life drawing, anatomy, and lighting. Students in the online program use professional quality software and computers to learn about 3D computer animation, character building, and computer-generated models. The program is designed to cover animation for different types of media, including live action film and video games.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
120 credits for the online program.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal grants; military aid; and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Computer Animation:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Full Sail University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program. Course requirements for the on-campus program may vary; contact a Full Sail University representative for more information on the on-campus program.
- CGA 101: Fundamentals of Art I (3 credits)
- CGA 102: Fundamentals of Art II (3 credits)
- CGA 112: Principles of Design (4 credits)
- CGA 121: 3D Foundations (4 credits)
- CGA 131: Fundamentals of Animation (3 credits)
- CGA 141: Model Creation (4 credits)
- CGA 142: Shading and Lighting (4 credits)
- CGA 221: 2D Animation (4 credits)
- CGA 223: Character Animation I (3 credits)
- CGA 235: Character Animation II (4 credits)
- CGA 241: Compositing Fundamentals (4 credits)
- CGA 242: Character Design and Creation (4 credits)
- CGA 251: Art Creation for Games (4 credits)
- CGA 352: Production Modeling (4 credits)
- CGA 354: Compositing and Scene Finishing I (3 credits)
- CGA 355: Compositing and Scene Finishing II (4 credits)
- CGA 361: Animation Preproduction (4 credits)
- CGA 433: Character Rigging I (3 credits)
- CGA 435: Character Rigging II (4 credits)
- CGA 461: Animation Production (4 credits)
- CGA 471: Portfolio Content Creation I (3 credits)
- CGA 472: Portfolio Content Creation II (3 credits)
- CGA 473: Portfolio Content Creation III (4 credits)
- CGA 482: Demo Reel Creation (4 credits)
- MGF 1111: College Mathematics (4 credits)
- MGF 1112: Geometry and Measurement (4 credits)
- ENC 1101: English Composition (4 credits)
- GEN 233: Ethics and Psychology (4 credits)
- GEN 237: Psychology of Human Interaction (4 credits)
- GEN 251: Historical Archetypes and Mythology (4 credits)
- PHY 1020: Fundamentals of Physics (4 credits)
- SPC 2140: Interpersonal Communications (4 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of Full Sail University's BS in Computer Animation program could continue their education at the master's degree level and study advanced applications in computer animation. Further education could help them learn about recent developments in the field and may prepare them for senior positions with greater responsibility.
Master's degrees that graduates could pursue include but are not limited to:
- Master of Science in Game Design
- Master of Fine Arts in Media Design
After completing Full Sail University's BS in Computer Animation program, graduates could pursue careers as animators for film studios, game developers, and media companies. Graduates could use the portfolios that they create in the three portfolio courses as part of their job application package; the applied projects presented in the portfolio could appeal to potential employers.
Possible careers related to the Bachelor's in Computer Animation include:
- Technical Director
- Visual Effects Artist
- Concept Artist
- Environment Modeler
- Character Modeler
- Texture Painter
- Render Wrangler
- Matte Painter
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!