BS in Game Development
Students enrolled in Full Sail University's Bachelor of Science in Game Development program have the opportunity to learn how to use the software and hardware used to develop video games. Read more about Full Sail University's BS in Game Development here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Game Development
School Offering Program:
Full Sail University
Bachelor of Science
Full Sail University's Bachelor of Science in Game Development program is designed to teach students how to create sophisticated video games. The program's curriculum covers game theory, programming, and design. Students focus in on programming languages, interactive game development, and game architectures. They complete applied projects in these areas, which help them practice and refine their knowledge.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal grants; military aid; and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Game Development:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Full Sail University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- GDD 111: Design Fundamentals (3 credits)
- GDD 125: Rules of the Game (3 credits)
- GDD 234: Structure of Game Design (4 credits)
- GDD 245: 3D Content Creation (3 credits)
- GDD 250: Data Structures (4 credits)
- GDD 291: Operating Systems (3 credits)
- GDD 344: Windows Programming I (4 credits)
- GDD 345: Windows Programming II (4 credits)
- GDD 354: Software Architecture (3 credits)
- GDD 355: DirectX (4 credits)
- GDD 356: Structure of Game Production II (4 credits)
- GDD 358: Structure of Game Production II (4 credits)
- GDD 359: Software Engineering (3 credits)
- GDD 367: OpenGL (4 credits)
- GDD 461: Machine Architecture I (3 credits)
- GDD 463: Machine Architecture II (3 credits)
- GDD 470: Real Time Animation (3 credits)
- GDD 472: Optimization (4 credits)
- GDD 477: Engine Development I (4 credits)
- GDD 478: Engine Development II (4 credits)
- GDD 481: Game preproduction (3 credits)
- GDD 482: Game Planning & Architecture (4 credits)
- GDD 490: Game Project I (4 credits)
- GDD 493: Game Project II (4 credits)
- GDD 495: Game Project III (4 credits)
- CAP 4053: Artificial Intelligence (4 credits)
- DIG 3628: Game Networking (3 credits)
- COP 1000: Programming I (4 credits)
- COP 2334: Programming II (4 credits)
- COP 2335: Programming III (4 credits)
- GEN 173: Calculus and Trigonometry (4 credits)
- ENC 1101: English Composition (4 credits)
- PPE 2110: Ethics and Psychology (4 credits)
- GEN 251: Historical Archetypes and Mythology (4 credits)
- SPC 1606: Public Speaking (4 credits)
- SPC 2140: Interpersonal Communications (4 credits)
- GEN 242: Linear Algebra (4 credits)
- GEN 262: Physics (4 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of Full Sail University's Bachelor of Science in Game Development program could expand their skills by pursuing master's degrees in other areas of game development or design. Since technologies change, graduates could choose to keep up to date by taking continuing education classes.
Master's degrees that graduates could pursue include but are not limited to:
- Master of Science in Game Design
- Master of Science in Entertainment Business
After completing Full Sail University's BS in Game Development program, graduates could pursue positions with game design and development companies. They may be responsible for assisting senior designers, writing code, and creating content.
Possible careers related to the BS in Game Development include:
- AI programmer
- 3D programmer
- Game designer
- Graphic engine programmer
- Level designer
- Scripting programmer
- Network - multiplayer programmer