BS in Graphic Design
Full Sail University's Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design program is designed to teach student graphic design techniques for digital and print media. Read more about Full Sail University's BS in Graphic Design here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design - Online
School Offering Program:
Full Sail University
Bachelor of Science
Students enrolled in Full Sail University's Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design program learn graphic design fundamentals such as typography, branding, and page layout. The program exposes them to the unique requirements of the graphic design field, which often include tight deadlines and specific creative guidelines. Online instruction includes real-time lectures conducted over the Internet; students have the opportunity to learn from industry professionals. Students prepare for careers by working on industry-standard equipment and using professional quality software.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal grants; military aid; and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Full Sail University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- DGT 111: Design and Art Theory (4 credits)
- DGT 112: Designing Computer Graphics (4 credits)
- DGT 117: Digital Storytelling (3 credits)
- DGT 232: Typography and Page Layout (3 credits)
- DGT 241: Advanced Computer Graphics (4 credits)
- DGT 252: Digital Video (4 credits)
- DGT 361: Digital Studio (4 credits)
- DGT 262: Editing Digital Video (4 credits)
- DGT 272: Interactive Media Design and Usability (3 credits)
- DGT 273: Graphic Web Design (4 credits)
- DGT 275: Flash Media (4 credits)
- DGT 321: Studio Maintenance (3 credits)
- DGT 341: Motion Graphics (4 credits)
- DGT 345: Digital Audio Design (4 credits)
- DGT 351: Production Management (4 credits)
- DGT 441: Advanced Motion Graphics (4 credits)
- DGT 482: Portfolio Creation (4 credits0
- DGT 491: Personal Identity Project (5 credits)
- GRD 156: Logos and Symbols (3 credits)
- GRD 254: Corporate Branding (3 credits)
- GRD 257: Intellectual Property and Law (3 credits)
- GRD 273: Client Relations (3 credits)
- ART 2006: Art History (4 credits)
- DEP 2004: Developmental Psychology (4 credits)
- ENC 1101: English Composition (4 credits)
- GEN 236: History of Visual Communication (4 credits)
- GEN 273: Media and Society (4 credits)
- MGF 1111: College Mathematics (4 credits)
- SPC 2140: Interpersonal Communication (4 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Full Sail University's BS in Graphic Design prepares students for positions in the graphic design industry, but graduates who want to enhance their skills or learn about new graphic design applications could pursue a master's degree in graphic design. During a master's degree program, students could complete projects that they can use for their portfolio.
Master's degrees that graduates could pursue include but are not limited to:
- Master of Fine Arts in Media Design
Graduates of Full Sail University's BS in Graphic Design could pursue positions with advertising, media, and design companies. They may be responsible for designing logos, newsletters, book covers, and packaging.
Possible careers related to the Bachelor's in Graphic Design include:
- Graphic Designer
- Interface Designer
- Motion Graphics Artist
- Multimedia Artist
- Storyboard Artist