BS in Music Business
Students enrolled in Full Sail University's Bachelor of Science in Music Business program can learn about several areas of the music industry. Learn more about Full Sail University's BS in Music Business here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Music Business - Campus/Online
School Offering Program:
Full Sail University
Bachelor of Science
Full Sail University's Bachelor of Science in Music Business program is designed to teach students about band publicity, copyright rules, record label development, concert management, and other aspects of the music business. The program curriculum also covers general business concepts, such as business law, accounting, ethics, marketing, and finance. Students learn how to apply general business strategies to the music industry. During a final thesis project, students have the opportunity to focus on a specific facet of music business, such as artist management.
Online and Campus-Based
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
120.5 credits for the online program.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal grants; military aid; and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Music Business:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Full Sail University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program. Course requirements for the on-campus program may vary; contact a Full Sail University representative for more information on the on-campus program.
- ACG 2021: Introduction to Accounting (4 credits)
- ENTB 151: Entertainment Business and Entrepreneurship (3.6 credits)
- ENTB 251: Business Law (3.6 credits)
- ENTB 253: Business Ethics and Social Responsibility (2.67 credits)
- ENTB 280: International Business (2.53 credits)
- GEN 153: Computer Science and the Internet (4 credits)
- MGT 200: Introduction to Management (4 credits)
- MKT 210: Introduction to Marketing (4.13 credits)
- MUB 331: Music Business Management (4 credits)
- MUB 343: Record Label Development (4 credits)
- MUB 345: Music Distribution (2.67 credits)
- MUB 352: Professional Communication and Presentation (3.2 credits)
- MUB 361: Music Merchandising and Retail Promotions (4 credits)
- MUB 452: Business Accounting and Finance (2.67 credits)
- MUB 454: Music Business Marketing (4.27 credits)
- MUB 461: Concert Management and Publicity (4 credits)
- MUB 471: Music Business Law and Contract Negotiations (4 credits)
- MUB 472: Music Copyright and Publishing (4 credits)
- MUB 475: Information Systems and E-Commerce (2.8 credits)
- MUB 481: Artist Management (4 credits)
- MUB 495: Music Business Final Project (5.33 credits)
- QNT 210: Introduction to Statistics (2.67 credits)
- REC 111: Introduction to Media Arts (4.27 credits)
- REC 251: Music History (4.27 credits)
- ART 2007: Art History (4 credits)
- GEN 112: Behavioral Science (4 credits)
- MUB 332: Leadership and Organizational Behavior (2.53 credits)
- MUB 354: Business Statistics and Data Analysis (2.93 credits)
- MGF 1111: College Mathematics (4 credits)
- ENC 326: Professional Writing (2.67 credits)
- ENC 1101: English Composition (4 credits)
- ECON 110: Principles of Macroeconomics (4 credits)
- ECON 310: Principles of Macroeconomics (4 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of Full Sail University's BS in Music Business program could further their understanding of business by enrolling in a Master of Business Administration program. Earning a master's degree could qualify graduates for executive-level positions; however, many people in the music industry find additional employment opportunities after gaining experience and networking with other professionals.
After completing Full Sail University's BS in Music Business, graduates could pursue positions in the music and business industry. They may open their own companies or work for larger record studios and production companies.
Possible careers related to the Bachelor's in Music Business include:
- Music Marketing and Promotions
- Studio Manager
- Artist Relations
- Music/Record Producer
- Tour Manager
- Artist Manager
- Road Manager
- Booking Agent
- Interactive Marketing
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!