BS in Web Design and Development
Full Sail University's Bachelor of Science in Web Design and Development program is designed for students hoping to design and program websites. Read more about Full Sail University's BS in Web Design and Development here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Web Design and Development - Online
School Offering Program:
Full Sail University
Bachelor of Science
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal grants; military aid; and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Web Design and Development:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Full Sail University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Web Design and Development
- DGT 112: Designing Computer Graphics (4 credits)
- DGT 241: Advanced Computer Graphics (4 credits)
- GRD 257: Intellectual Property and Law (3 credits)
- WDD 111: Flash Fundamentals (4 credits)
- WDD 121: Networks and Server Structures (4 credits)
- WDD 131: Principles of Production Process (3 credits)
- WDD 212: Concepts of Object-oriented Programming (3 credits)
- WDD 231: Flash Design and Animation (4 credits)
- WDD 232: Rich Media Optimization (4 credits)
- WDD 261: Human Computer Interaction and Usability (6 credits)
- WDD 271: Web Standards Design (6 credits)
- WDD 291: Introduction to Backend Development and Frameworks (6 credits)
- WDD 332: Flash ActionScript Techniques (4 credits)
- WDD 342: Mobile Device Deployment (4 credits)
- WDD 354: Web Standards Projects (7 credits)
- WDD 361: Scripting for Web Applications (6 credits)
- WDD 462: Deployment of Flash Projects (7 credits)
- WDD 475: Project Preproduction for the Web (6 credits)
- WDD 482: Web Final Project (6 credits)
- ART 2006: Art History (4 credits)
- COM 1008: Career Communications (4 credits)
- GEN 236: History of Visual Communications (4 credits)
- GEN 237: Psychology of Human Interaction (4 credits)
- MGF 1111: College Mathematics (4 credits)
- MGF 1112: Geometry and Measurement (4 credits)
- PHY 1020: Fundamentals of Physics (4 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
After completing Full Sail University's BS in Web Design and Development program, graduates could pursue further education at the master's degree level. Earning a master's degree could give graduates a deeper understanding of the technical and aesthetic aspects of designing a website. Further education could also help graduates stay up to date on changes to technology.
Master's degrees that graduates could pursue include but are not limited to:
- Master of Fine Arts in Media Design
- Master of Science in Game Design
Graduates of Full Sail University's BS in Web Design and Development program could pursue positions with Web development firms. They could also work in the IT department of companies that design and develop their own websites.
Possible careers related to the Bachelor's in Web Design and Development include:
- Web Designer
- Web Application Developer
- Flash Developer
- Interface Designer
- Web Project Manager
- Content Developer
- Usability Designer
- Database Engineer
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!