MFA in Creative Writing
Full Sail University's Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing program is designed to help students develop their writing skills. Read more about Full Sail University's MFA in Creative Writing here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing - Online
School Offering Program:
Full Sail University
Master of Fine Arts
Students enrolled in Full Sail University's Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing program could already have creative writing skills but may be looking to develop their abilities to create compelling narratives. The program emphasizes writing for the entertainment industry and exposes students to different media forms. Coursework is designed to help students learn storyboarding, visual storytelling, and character development. The program covers multiple genres, including narratives and scripts. Students complete a final writing project, which they can submit to publishers and other media outlets.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal grants; military aid; and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Full Sail University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- CWM 510: The Art of Visual Storytelling (4 credits)
- CWM 520: Literary Research (4 credits)
- CWM 530: Multimedia Terms and Genres (4 credits)
- CWM 540: Character Creation and Development (4 credits)
- CWM 550: Script Analysis and Criticism (4 credits)
- CWM 560: Film Screenwriting and Storyboarding (4 credits)
- CWM 610: Writing for Games (4 credits)
- CWM 620: Storytelling and Storyboarding for Animation (4 credits)
- CWM 630: Editing for Film, Game, and Animation Scripts (4 credits)
- CWM 640: Creative Writing Portfolio I (4 credits)
- CWM 650: Creative Writing Portfolio II (4 credits)
- CWM 690: The Business of Creative Writing (4 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Graduates of Full Sail University's MFA in Creative Writing program have the opportunity to freelance as professional writers or work as in-house staff writers for entertainment and publishing companies. Although the program prepares students for creative writing projects, graduates could also find work as copywriters.
Possible careers related to the MFA in Creative Writing include:
- Script Editor
- Cinematic Editor/Story Artist
- Executive Story Editor
- Blog Editor
- Production Editor
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!