MS in New Media Journalism
Full Sail University's Master of Arts in New Media Journalism program is designed to help students prepare for an exciting career in the entertainment and writing industry. Read on to learn more about the Master of Arts in New Media Journalism.
Official Program Name:
Master of Arts in New Media Journalism
School Offering Program:
Full Sail University
Full Sail University's Master of Arts in New Media Journalism program aims to teach students how to create engaging stories across a variety of medium. The program seeks to fashion students with skills needed to be an adaptable content creator. It also incorporates photography into the journalism requirement of reporting, writing, and editing. Full Sail's Master of Science in New Media Journalism focuses on multimedia content development, interactive media distribution, and personal branding. Students are also exposed to both the theoretical and interactive side of Media Journalism through courses like Digital News Production and Multimedia Development and Editing.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Arts in New Media Journalism:
New Media Journalism
- NMJ 570: Digital News Production (4 credits)
- NMJ 640: Legal Aspects of New Media Journalism (4 credits)
- NMJ 610: Mobile Technology and Communications (4 credits)
- NMJ 550: Multimedia Development and Editing (4 credits)
- NMJ 590: Multimedia Reporting (4 credits)
- NMJ 510: New Media and Communications (4 credits)
- NMJ 670: New Media Journalism Final Project (4 credits)
- NMJ 690: New Media Publishing and Distribution (4 credits)
- NMJ 650: Public Relations and Reputation Management (4 credits)
- NMJ 540: Research and Investigation Skills Development (4 credits)
- NMJ 620: Social Media and Online Community Engagement (4 credits)
- NMJ 520: Writing for Interactive Media (4 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Full Sail University graduates with an Master of Arts in New Media Journalism could pursue careers with multimedia and creative companies. Job duties may include writing, design work, and project management.
Possible careers related to the Master of Arts in New Media Journalism include:
- Multimedia Content Developer
- Online News Writer
- Online Publisher
- Web Content Developer
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!