Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies with an Emphasis in Youth Ministry
Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies with an emphasis in Youth Ministry program at Grand Canyon University have an opportunity to study world religions, biblical interpretation and application, and other relevant topics. Read on to learn more about the Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies with an emphasis in Youth Ministry program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies with an emphasis in Youth Ministry
School Offering Program:
Grand Canyon University
Applicants to Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies with an emphasis in Youth Ministry program should have an interest in studying Christianity and ministry. Additionally, it is helpful if applicants have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
The Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies with an emphasis in Youth Ministry program at Grand Canyon University is comprised of core courses as well as general education classes. The goal of the degree program is to prepare students to work in ministry and understand the philosophical and theological frameworks for Christianity. Some of the courses included in the curriculum are ethical thinking in the liberal arts, leadership and administration in youth ministry, systematic theology, and spiritual formation for Christian leaders. Upon completion of the degree program, a student should have increased his or her capacity for critical thinking, effective communication, and global awareness and ethics.
Campus and Online
Total Credits Required:
Federal financial aid, including loans, grants and scholarships, is available to qualifying students. Students can find out about scholarships and other financial aid opportunities from a Grand Canyon University Enrollment Counselor.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies with an emphasis in Youth Ministry:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Grand Canyon University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program. Some courses and programs may not be available at all campuses.
- BIB 104: Old Testament Historical Perspectives (4 credits)
- BIB 105: New Testament Historical Perspectives (4 credits)
- INT 244: World Religions (4 credits)
- PHI 305: Ethical Thinking in the Liberal Arts (4 credits)
- BIB 355: Biblical Interpretation and Application (4 credits)
- BIB 351: Moses and the Prophets (4 credits)
- BIB 354: Jesus and His Interpreters (4 credits)
- MIN 350: Spiritual Formation for Christian Leaders (4 credits)
- YMN 305: Philosophy and Theology of Youth Ministry (4 credits)
- YMN 350: Leadership and Administration in Youth Ministry (4 credits)
- HTH 359: Systematic Theology (4 credits)
- HTH 379: History of Christianity (4 credits)
- HTH 469: Contemporary Theology (4 credits)
- CHL 465: Christian Leadership in the 21st Century (4 credits)
- YMN 355: Adolescent Development and Faith Formation (4 credits)
- MIN 360: Communication in Ministry (4 credits)
- YMN 450: Adolescent Culture and Evangelism (4 credits)
- YMN 455: Adolescent Issues and Intervention (4 credits)
Furthering Your Education:
When a student has completed Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies with an emphasis in Youth Ministry program, he or she has the opportunity to pursue a master's degree in a relevant field. Some of the courses that may be offered in a master's degree program include Hermeneutics, theology of intercultural ministry, and church history.
Some possible degree programs include:
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Arts in Biblical Studies
- Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership
- Master of Arts in Spiritual Formation and Discipleship
Graduates of Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Arts in Christian Studies with an emphasis in Youth Ministry program have an opportunity to pursue a variety of jobs in the field. Some potential employers may include churches, community centers, and youth development programs.
Positions that graduates could pursue include:
- Bible studies assistant
- Church administrator
- Youth development assistant
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at gcu.edu/disclosures.
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!