Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership - Christian Ministry
Grand Canyon University's Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry is designed for academic professionals who are seeking to acquire the education needed to prepare for administrative positions in Christian learning institutions. Read more about this doctoral degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry
School Offering Program:
Grand Canyon University
Prospective students should have a professional and academic background in education before enrolling in the Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry program.
The Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry at Grand Canyon University is designed to help students develop an understanding of Christian ministry concepts and leadership strategies as they enhance management, analytical, and organizational skills. Program coursework provides study in leadership theories and theology, change management, organizational planning strategies, global leadership practices, Christian ministry leader roles and challenges, and disciple-making processes. Two residencies help students to develop the research and communication skills needed to propose and prepare a dissertation. The program culminates in a three-part dissertation process wherein students receive guidance and support from a dissertation chair and committee as they complete their research project.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid, including loans, grants, and scholarships, is available to qualifying students. Students can find out about scholarships and other financial aid opportunities from a Grand Canyon University Enrollment Counselor.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Grand Canyon University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- RES 811: Introduction to Advanced Graduate Studies and Scholarship (3 credits)
- LDR 802: Progressions in Leadership Thought (3 credits)
- LDR 800: Ethical Dilemmas and Stewardship (3 credits)
- RES 850: Foundations for Research (3 credits)
- MIN 807: Disciple Making in the Leadership Context (3 credits)
- MIN 812: Theology of Leadership (3 credits)
- RSD 851: Residency: Dissertation (3 credits)
- RES 861: Analysis of Existing Research (3 credits)
- MIN 817: Christian Ministry and Culture (3 credits)
- MIN 822: Trends and Issues in Christian Ministry (3 credits)
- RES 866: Approaches to Research Design and Data Analysis (3 credits)
- LDR 825: Strategic Planning and Change (3 credits)
- LDR 804: Leading Across Cultures (3 credits)
- RSD 881: Residency: Presentation of Progress or Results (3 credits)
- RES 880: Formalizing the Research Prospectus (3 credits)
- MIN 827: Practical Considerations in Christian Ministry (3 credits)
- RES 885: Developing the Research Proposal (3 credits)
- DIS 955: Dissertation I (3 credits)
- DIS 960: Dissertation II (3 credits)
- DIS 965: Dissertation III (3 credits)
Graduates of Grand Canyon University's Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Christian Ministry program could qualify for supervisory or administrative positions in Christian-based academic settings. They might serve as superintendents, directors, or department heads in public or private schools, colleges or universities, community programs, or church educational programs.
Positions graduates could pursue include:
- Religious studies professor
- Director of campus ministry
- Director of religious education
- Theological seminary president
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at gcu.edu/disclosures.
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!