EdD in Organizational Leadership - Health Care Administration
Aspiring health care administrators might realize their professional goals by earning advanced degrees such as the Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with a concentration in Health Care Administration. Read on for details about this Grand Canyon University program.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with a concentration in Health Care Administration
School Offering Program:
Grand Canyon University
This terminal degree program could be ideal for leaders who want to foster organizational excellence, promote change and encourage the professional development of employees in health care environments. Potential applicants might have extensive managerial and/or educational experience. Though specific program requirements may vary, applicants should be licensed health care professionals who have earned both a bachelor's and master's degree.
The Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with a concentration in Health Care Administration program is designed to prepare learners to pursue supervisory roles in the health care field. This Grand Canyon University program could address health care leadership and professional development principles. It aims to equip learners with solid research skills while allowing them to expand their knowledge of health care industry regulations. Once enrolled, program participants could explore non-profit, private and public governance structures as well as private and public reimbursement options.
Federal financial aid, including loans, grants and scholarships, is available to qualifying students. Students can find out about scholarships and other financial aid opportunities from a Grand Canyon University Enrollment Counselor.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with a Concentration in Health Care Administration:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Grand Canyon University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- RES 811: Introduction to Advanced Graduate Studies (3 credits)
- LDR 802: Progressions in Leadership Thought (3 credits)
- LDR 800: Ethical Dilemmas and Stewardship (3 credits)
- RES 850: Foundations for Research (3 credits)
- HCA 807: Structures and Governance in Health Care (3 credits)
- HCA 812: Health Care Regulation (3 credits)
- RSD 851: Residency: Dissertation (3 credits)
- RES 861: Analysis of Existing Research (3 credits)
- HCA 817: Professional Development and Leadership in Health Care (3 credits)
- HCA 822: Building a Culture of Community in Health Care (3 credits)
- RES 866: Approaches to Research Design and Data Analysis (3 credits)
- LDR 825: Strategic Planning and Change (3 credits)
- LDR 804: Leading Across Cultures (3 credits)
- RSD 881: Residency: Presentation of Progress or Results (3 credits)
- RES 880: Formalizing the Research Prospectus (3 credits)
- HCA 827: Sustainability of Health Care Organizations (3 credits)
- RES 885: Developing the Research Proposal (3 credits)
- DIS 955: Dissertation I (3 credits)
- DIS 960: Dissertation II (3 credits)
- DIS 965: Dissertation III (3 credits)
Program graduates could have accumulated the qualifications necessary to seek opportunities as health care administration leaders and innovators who effectively coordinate and direct health care delivery. As such, they might pursue executive roles in public health agencies, hospitals, managed care organizations, pharmaceutical firms, clinics or health care corporations. Potential career titles could include:
- Health care administrator
- Health services manager
- Clinical manager
- Hospital administrator
- Group medical practice manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!