Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership - K-12 Leadership
The Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with a concentration in K-12 Leadership program at Grand Canyon University gives students the opportunity to study organizational culture and apply research methodologies toward organizational performance improvement with an emphasis on K-12 organizational settings. Discover more about the Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with a concentration in K-12 Leadership program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with a concentration in K-12 Leadership
School Offering Program:
Grand Canyon University
Students who are considering applying to the Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with a concentration in K-12 Leadership program should be interested in developing their leadership skills and may have experience working in K-12 settings. Though specific program requirements may vary, applicants to Grand Canyon University's doctoral programs should have already earned a master's degree.
Grand Canyon University's Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with a concentration in K-12 Leadership program examines seminal leadership theories, ethical leadership, and leadership for culturally diverse populations while offering students the opportunity to develop expertise in analyzing and conducting original academic and organizational research. The program introduces students to the history and politics of K-12 education and the leadership skills required to guide the development of internal and external governances and structures for K-12 education. Other topics discussed include strategic long-term planning for K-12 education, classroom leadership strategies, and building a K-12 community by creating a diverse learning infrastructure and community through faculty professional development and alumni relationships.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid, including loans, grants, and scholarships, is available to qualifying students. Students can find out about scholarships and other financial aid opportunities from a Grand Canyon University Enrollment Counselor.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with a Concentration in K-12 Leadership:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Grand Canyon University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- RES 811: Introduction to Advanced Graduate Studies and Scholarship (3 credits)
- LDR 802: Progressions in Leadership Thought (3 credits)
- LDR 800: Ethical Dilemmas and Stewardship (3 credits)
- RES 850: Foundations for Research (3 credits)
- RSD 851: Residency Dissertation (3 credits)
- RES 861: Analysis of Existing Research (3 credits)
- RES 866: Approaches to Research Design and Data Analysis (3 credits)
- LDR 825: Strategic Planning and Change (3 credits)
- LDR 804: Leading Across Cultures (3 credits)
- RSD 881: Residency: Presentation of Progress or Results (3 credits)
- RES 880: Formalizing the Research Prospectus (3 credits)
- RES 885: Developing the Research Proposal (3 credits)
- DIS 955: Dissertation I (3 credits)
- DIS 960: Dissertation II (3 credits)
- DIS 965: Dissertation III (3 credits)
- EDL 807: History and Politics of K-12 Education (3 credits)
- EDL 812: Governance and Structures in K-12 Education (3 credits)
- EDL 817: Building a K-12 Community (3 credits)
- EDL 822: Trends and Issues in K-12 Education (3 credits)
- EDL 827: Strategic Planning in K-12 Education (3 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
The Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with a concentration in K-12 Leadership program is designed to prepare students for leadership roles within a variety of K-12 settings. Depending on previous experience, graduates of the program may be prepared to pursue positions such as:
- Elementary school principal
- High school principal
- Assistant principal
- School superintendent
- Associate professor, postsecondary
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!