Master of Science in Nursing - Doctor of Nursing Practice Path, Executive Leader Specialization
Individuals who want to seek clinical nurse leadership careers could pursue additional education in order to reach their career goals. At Kaplan University, they might study for the Master of Science in Nursing - Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Path with a specialization in Executive Leader. Learn more about it here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Science in Nursing - DNP Path with a specialization in Executive Leader
School Offering Program:
Master of Science
The Master of Science in Nursing - DNP Path with a specialization in Executive Leader is a pathway program that permits students who have bachelor's degrees to also complete master's and doctoral nursing degrees within the same program. The Kaplan University curriculum is designed to prepare nurse professionals to pursue leadership roles in health care settings. Learners will be presented with opportunities to explore advance health care technologies as well as finance, human resources, and health promotion theories. Executive leader specialization courses could allow enrollees to study leadership best practices and to develop strong management skills.
Program Length / Total Credits Required:
65 credits. Kaplan University defines an academic year as the time in which a full-time student is expected to complete 24 credit hours in 30 weeks.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include military aid and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Science in Nursing - DNP Path With a Specialization in Executive Leader:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Kaplan University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- MN 501: Advanced Nursing Roles (5 credits)
- MN 502: Theoretical Foundations of Advanced Nursing (5 credits)
- MN 503: Advanced Statistics for the Health Sciences (5 credits)
- MN 504: Inquiry and Evidence-Based Practice (5 credits)
- MN 505: Health Promotion and Disease Prevention in a Diverse Community (5 credits)
- MN 506: Ethical and Legal Perspectives of the Health Care System (5 credits)
- MN 507: Health Policy, Financing, and Organization of Health Care Delivery Systems (5 credits)
Executive Leader Specialization Courses
- MN 512: Leadership, Organizational Theory, and Behavior (5 credits)
- MN 513: Health Care Finance, Strategic Planning, and Budgeting (5 credits)
- MN 514: Human Resources Management (5 credits)
- MN 515: Innovation in Health Care Information Technology - Administrative and Advanced Practice Priorities (5 credits)
- MN 520: Executive Leader Practicum (5 credits)
- MN 600: Evidence-Based Practice Project (5 credits)
Students who earn the Master of Science in Nursing--DNP Path with a specialization in Executive Leader degree could have the qualifications needed to work in areas such as clinical care delivery, research, administrative leadership, and system management.* They could seek positions in nurse leadership and education in settings such as:
- Private physicians' offices
- Walk-in clinics
- Emergency rooms
- Public health departments
- Long-term care facilities
- Home health care agencies
- Hospice facilities
- Pharmaceutical companies