MS in Management - Leadership
Kaplan University's Master of Science in Management program with a specialization in Leadership offers students the opportunity to study leadership approaches and methodologies. Learn more about Kaplan University's Master of Science in Management program with a specialization in Leadership here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Science in Management with a specialization in Leadership
School Offering Program:
Master of Science
Kaplan University's Master of Science in Management program with a specialization in Leadership offers students the opportunity to study business communications, human resources management, management theories and practices, consulting skills, and strategic financial analysis. Students take specialization courses that focus on leadership strategies, organization diagnosis and design, mentoring and coaching, and transformational leadership. Explore the four 'I's of transformational leadership: idealized influence, inspirational motivation, intellectual stimulation, and individualized consideration. This program is designed to help students develop leadership and management skills, learn how to apply management best practices, and evaluate ethical and social implications and organizational decisions.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
56 credits. Kaplan University defines an academic year as the time in which a full-time student is expected to complete 24 credit hours in 30 weeks.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include military aid and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Science in Management with a Specialization in Leadership:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Kaplan University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- GB 512: Business Communications (4 credits)
- GB 520: Strategic Human Resource Management (4 credits)
- GM 500: Management Theories and Practices I (4 credits)
- GM 501: Management Theories and Practices II (4 credits)
- GM 502: Leadership Theory and Practice I (4 credits)
- GM 503: Leadership Theory and Practice II (4 credits)
- GM 504: Organizational Excellence and Change (4 credits)
- GM 505: Action Research and Consulting Skills (4 credits)
- GM 506: Strategic Financial Analysis (4 credits)
- GM 599: Applied Research Project (4 credits)
Leadership Specialization Courses
- GB 600: Leadership Strategies for a Changing World (4 credits)
- GM 543: Organization Diagnosis and Design (4 credits)
- GM 585: Mentoring and Coaching (4 credits)
- GM 586: Transformational Leadership (4 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Students who complete Kaplan University's Master of Science in Management with a specialization in Leadership could be prepared to pursue leadership positions in business or launch their own business.* In addition, positions could include those in human resources, operations, or finances.
Positions that students could be interested in include†:
- Business owner
- Chief executive
- Organization development consultant
- Organizational development manager
- Sales manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!