MS in Management - Project Management
Individuals enrolling in the Project Management specialization of Kaplan University's Master of Science in Management program will have the opportunity to study key administrative techniques important in business organizations, including strategies for advancing corporate initiatives on time and within budget. Read more about Kaplan University's Master in Management, Project Management specialization program here.
Official Program Name:
Master in Management, Project Management Specialization
School Offering Program:
Master of Science
Kaplan University's Master of Science in Management program is designed to help prepare the next generation of business leaders and supervisors. Coursework addresses human resources, management theories and practices, business communications, and financial analysis. The Project Management specialization features electives on planning and executing projects, monitoring schedules and costs, and ensuring proper quality control. The program integrates classroom learning on management principles and hands-on training. Students have the opportunity to showcase what they have learned in the form of research projects.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
56 credits. Kaplan University defines an academic year as the time in which a full-time student is expected to complete 24 credit hours in 30 weeks.
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include military aid and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master in Management, Project Management Specialization:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Kaplan University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- GB 512: Business Communications (4 credits)
- GB 520: Strategic Human Resource Management (4 credits)
- GM 500: Management Theories and Practices I (4 credits)
- GM 501: Management Theories and Practices II (4 credits)
- GM 502: Leadership Theory and Practice I (4 credits)
- GM 503: Leadership Theory and Practice II (4 credits)
- GM 504: Organizational Excellence and Change (4 credits)
- GM 505: Action Research and Consulting Skills (4 credits)
- GM 506: Strategic Financial Analysis (4 credits)
- GM 599: Applied Research Project (4 credits)
Project Management Specialization Requirements
- GM 591: Strategic Project Management (4 credits)
- GM 592: Project Initiation, Planning, and Execution (4 credits)
- GM 593: Project Cost and Schedule Monitoring and Controlling (4 credits)
- GM 594: Project Risk, Quality, and Procurement Monitoring and Controlling (4 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Students who complete Kaplan University's Master of Science in Management program could pursue managerial and leadership positions in a range of corporate environments. Individuals enrolled in the Project Management specialization could pursue jobs that involve intensive planning and product development.
Graduates of Kaplan University's MS in Management - Project Management program could pursue positions that include:
- Project manager
- Production coordinator
- Product developer
- Project engineer
- Product manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!