BS in Psychology - Christian Counseling
The Bachelor of Science in Psychology with a specialization in Christian Counseling from Liberty University Online prepares students to work in the fields of Christian counseling, psychological development and behavior. Read on to learn more about Liberty's B.S. in Psychology - Christian Counseling program.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Psychology - Christian Counseling
School Offering Program:
Liberty University Online
Applicants to LU Online must hold a high school diploma or equivalent. Some programs may have additional requirements.
Take your career in the mental health industry a step further with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology with a specialization in Christian Counseling.
Through the LU Online B.S. in Psychology program, students will study the development and influence of human personality, based on current theories and in relation to others, and will apply ideas about group dynamics relative to business, industry and public and private life. Courses are designed to teach developmental, childhood, adolescence, physiological, and abnormal psychology. This program requires a three credit hour internship.
Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Many LU Online students receive some form of financial aid, including federal grants and loans. Liberty University also offers an experienced financial support staff to help you find scholarships.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a B.S. in Psychology:
- PSYC 210: Developmental Psychology (3 credits)
- PSYC 255: Intro to Research (3 credits)
- PSYC 341: Psychology of Personality (3 credits)
- PSYC 355: Statistics in Psychology (3 credits)
- PSYC 371: Theories in Counseling and Psychotherapy (3 credits)
- PSYC 430: Abnormal Psychology (3 credits)
- PSYC 499: Internship (3 credits)
- CCOU 201: Introduction to Christian Counseling (3 credits)
- CCOU 202: Issues of Christian Counseling (3 credits)
- Chose three of the following (9 credits):
- CCOU 301: Christian Counseling for Marriage and Family
- CCOU 302: Christian Counseling for Children
- CCOU 304: Christian Counseling for Women
- CCOU 305: Healthy Sexuality
- General Education Requirements (39 credits)
- Electives (45 credits)
Please note that degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Before applying, students should contact LU Online to confirm the most accurate program information.
Furthering Your Education:
LU Online offers more than 45 accredited degrees and 100 specializations at the associate, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level. After earning your B.S. in Psychology, continue your education by earning your master's degree from LU Online.
Related master's degree programs:
- Master of Arts in Professional Counseling
- Master of Science in Marriage, & Family Therapy
- Master of Arts in Human Services
- Health & Wellness
- Marriage & Family
Potential Career Paths
Graduates of the B.S. in Psychology program through LU Online are prepared for a variety of careers in the mental health industry, including non-clinical positions in the field of psychology and counseling.
- Christian Counselor
- Case Worker
- Clinical Psychologist
- Counselor Aide
- Workplace Counselor
- Marketing Researcher
- Psychiatric Technician
- Residential Youth Counselor
- School Psychologist
- Substance Abuse Counselor