MA in Pastoral Counseling
Liberty University Online's Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling program is designed to teach future members of the seminary how to mentor others through the practice of spiritual counseling. Read on to learn more about Liberty University's Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling.
Official Program Name:
Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling
School Offering Program:
Students interested in the Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling program should have an educational background in seminary studies. They should have a passion for helping others and may have an interest in religion. Applicants to Liberty University Online's programs should be at least 18 years of age and should have earned a high school diploma or equivalent. Some programs may have additional requirements.
Liberty University Online's Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling program is designed to equip seminary students with the knowledge and skills needed to mentor others through spiritual counseling. Students have the opportunity to learn how to prepare and teach sermons. They will also have the chance to develop their communication skills, which can be applied to careers in the Christian ministry.
Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Currently 79 percent of Liberty Online students receive some form of financial aid, including federal grants and loans. Liberty University also offers an experienced financial support staff to help you find scholarships.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Before applying, students should contact Liberty University Online to confirm the most accurate program information.
- NBST 521:New Testament Orientation I (3 credits)
- NBST 522: New Testament Orientation II (3 credits)
- NBST 525: New Testament Introduction (3 credits)
- OBST 590: Old Testament Introduction (3 credits)
- OBST 591: Old Testament Orientation I (3 credits)
- OBST 592: Old Testament Orientation II (3 credits)
- ICST 500: World Missions (3 credits)
- ICST 650: Cross Cultural Evangelism and Church Planning (3 credits)
- PACO 500: Introduction to Pastoral Counseling (3 credits)
- PACO 507: Theology and Spirituality Counseling (3 credits)
- PACO 603: Premarital/Marital Counseling (3 credits)
- DSMN 601: Ministry of Teaching (3 credits)
- HOMI 501: Preparation of the Sermon (3 credits)
- HOMI 611: Expository Preaching (3 credits)
- PLED 655: Communication in Christian Ministry (3 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of Liberty University Online's Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling program can continue their education by pursing degrees at the doctoral degree level. This may help to further develop knowledge and understanding in religious studies.
Doctorate degrees that graduates could pursue include:
- Doctor of Ministry
- Doctor of Theology
Potential Career Paths:
Liberty University Online's Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling program is designed to prepare students for most entry- and mid-level careers in the field. Graduates may work for educational institutions, medical facilities, social service agencies, and nonprofits.
Positions graduates could pursue include:
- Religious studies teacher
- Life coach