MA in Teaching - Secondary Education
Liberty University Online's Master of Arts in Teaching with a specialization in Secondary Education program gives students the opportunity to prepare to teach seventh through 12th grade. Learn more about the Master of Arts in Teaching with a specialization in Secondary Education program at Liberty University Online here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Arts in Teaching with a specialization in Secondary Education
School Offering Program:
Liberty University Online
Potential applicants to the Master of Arts in Teaching with a specialization in Secondary Education program at Liberty University Online should be interested in teaching middle and high school students. They must already have their bachelor's degree. Applicants to Liberty University Online's programs should be at least 18 years of age and should have earned a high school diploma or equivalent. Some programs may have additional requirements.
Liberty University Online's Master of Arts in Teaching with a specialization in Secondary Education program is designed for those interested in getting initial teaching licensure. Students have the opportunity to learn about educational psychology, research, and assessment, behavior management principles, middle school curriculum and methods, and secondary instructional procedures. This program includes a directed research course where students have the chance to study independently. Students also take a student teaching course where they have the opportunity to gain classroom experience.
Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Currently more than 84 percent of Liberty Online students receive some form of financial aid, including federal grants and loans. Liberty University Online also offers an experienced financial support staff to help you find scholarships.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Arts in Teaching with a Specialization in Secondary Education:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Liberty University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Initial Education Core Courses
- EDUC 500: Advanced Educational Psychology (3 credits)
- EDUC 504: Historical and Philosophical Foundations of Education (3 credits)
- EDUC 518: Understanding Educational Research and Assessment (3 credits)
- EDUC 521: Foundations of Exceptionality (3 credits)
- EDUC 623: Principles of Behavior Management (3 credits)
- EDUC 673: Curriculum and Methods for Middle School (3 credits)
- EDUC 695: Directed Research (3 credits)
- ENGL 554: Writing Across the Curriculum OR EDUC 3&4 Elective (500-600 level) (3 credits)
- EDUC 535: Secondary Instructional Procedures (3 credits)
- EDUC 556: Teaching Content Area Reading (3 credits)
- EDUC 571: Curriculum Foundations (3 credits)
- EDUC 590: Student Teaching I (Secondary) OR EDUC 591: Student Teaching II (Secondary) (3 credits)
Potential Career Paths:
Graduates of Liberty University Online's Master of Arts in Teaching with a specialization in Secondary Education program could pursue teaching positions in middle or high schools. Their work might include developing curriculum or teaching students in seventh through 12th grade.
Positions students could be interested in include:
- Curriculum designer
- High school teacher
- Junior high school teacher
- Middle school teacher
- Secondary school teacher