MA in Worship Studies - Church Planting
Liberty University Online's Master of Arts in Worship Studies with a concentration in Church Planting program gives students the opportunity to learn about starting new churches. Keep reading to find out more about the Master of Arts in Worship Studies with a concentration in Church Planting program at Liberty University Online.
Official Program Name:
Master of Arts in Worship Studies with a concentration in Church Planting
School Offering Program:
Liberty University Online
Potential applicants to the Master of Arts in Worship Studies with a concentration in Church Planting program at Liberty University Online must have their bachelor's degree and should be interested in learning church planting skills. Applicants to Liberty University Online's programs should be at least 18 years of age and should have earned a high school diploma or equivalent. Some programs may have additional requirements.
Liberty University Online's Master of Arts in Worship Studies with a concentration in Church Planting program gives students the opportunity to gain the knowledge and skills used to create New Testament churches. Specialization courses give students the chance to learn church planting, ministry models, church leadership, strategic prayer, and global worship. This program is also intended to teach about worship, systematic theology, the New Testament and Old Testament, and church history. Students have the opportunity to get qualitative and quantitative research method training. Students must earn this degree in five years with at least a 2.0 GPA.
Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Currently more than 87 percent of Liberty Online students receive some form of financial aid, including federal grants and loans. Liberty University also offers an experienced financial support staff to help you find scholarships.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Arts in Worship Studies with a Concentration in Church Planting:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Liberty University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Biblical and Theological Foundations Core
- WRSP 510: Biblical Foundations of Worship (3 credits)
- WRSP 635: Building a Theology of Worship (3 credits)
- THEO 530: Systematic Theology (3 credits)
- Choose one of the following (3 credits)
- NBST 521: New Testament Orientation I
- NBST 522: New Testament Orientation II
- OBST 592: Old Testament Orientation II
- OBST 610: Psalms
- OBST 620: Poetry of the Old Testament
Worship Studies Core
- WRSP 501: Dynamics of Corporate Worship (3 credits)
- WRSP 540: Current Issues in Worship Ministry (3 credits)
- WRSP 551: Building a Balanced Worship Ministry (3 credits)
- WRSP 645: Role of the Pastor and Worship Leader (3 credits)
- CHHI: 692: American Christianity OR CHHI 694: History of Baptists (3 credits)
Church Planting Specialization
- EVAN 550: Church Planting (3 credits)
- EVAN 610: Methods and Models of Ministry (3 credits)
- EVAN 660: Healthy Church Leadership (3 credits)
- EVAN 670: Strategic Prayer and Spiritual Warfare (3 credits)
- WRSP 545: Global Worship (3 credits)
Practical Theology in Worship Core
- EVAN 510: Church Growth II: Evangelism and Church Growth (3 credits)
Potential Career Paths:
Students who complete the Master of Arts in Worship Studies with a concentration in Church Planting program at Liberty University Online could seek employment in the church growth field. While being a part of church planting teams, their work might include starting new churches and leading them.
Positions students could be able to seek include:
- Church planting coordinator
- Church planting pastor
- Church planter
- Church mobilizer
- Worship leader