M.Ed. in Middle Education Teaching & Learning
Liberty University Online's Master of Education in Middle Education Teaching and Learning program is designed to prepare graduates to teach students in sixth through eighth grade. Learn more about the Master of Education in Middle Education Teaching and Learning program at Liberty University Online here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Education in Middle Education Teaching and Learning
School Offering Program:
Liberty University Online
Students must have their bachelor's degree before enrolling in the M.Ed. in Middle Education Teaching and Learning program at Liberty Online. They should also be interested in working with children.
Liberty Online's M.Ed. in Middle Education Teaching and Learning program is designed to prepare students to be effective middle grade teachers. Students have the opportunity to learn about educational leadership, supervision, research and assessment, and psychology. This program is also intended to teach curriculum development, curriculum and methods for middle grades, young adolescents, and teaching math, science, and social studies. Students have the chance to gain supervised experience in an educational setting through a directed practicum course. Students also have the opportunity to develop communication, classroom management, leadership, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Currently more than 87 percent of Liberty Online students receive some form of financial aid, including federal grants and loans. Liberty University Online also offers an experienced financial support staff to help you find scholarships.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a M.Ed. in Middle Education Teaching and Learning:
Advanced Education Core Courses
- EDUC 500: Advanced Educational Psychology (3 credits)
- EDUC 518: Understanding Educational Research and Assessment (3 credits)
- EDUC 521: Foundations of Exceptionality (3 credits)
- EDUC 604: Foundations of Education (3 credits)
- EDUC 672: Curriculum Development (3 credits)
- EDUC 601: Professional Development in Middle Grades Education (3 credits)
- EDUC 602: Young Adolescents, Schools, and Communities (3 credits)
- Choose two of the following (6 credits)
- EDUC 530: Teaching Mathematics
- EDUC 554: Reading and Language Acquisition
- EDUC 635: Teaching Science in the Middle School
- EDUC 637: Teaching Social Studies in the Middle School
- EDUC 642: Leadership and Supervision in Education (3 credits)
- EDUC 676: Middle Grades Curriculum and Methods (3 credits)
- EDUC 698: Director Practicum (3 credits)
Please note that degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Before applying, students should contact Liberty Online to confirm the most accurate program information.
Potential Career Paths:
After earning the M.Ed. in Middle Education Teaching and Learning from Liberty Online, graduates could pursue employment at public or private middle schools. Their work might include teaching sixth to eighth grade students, developing curriculum, or overseeing school operations.
- Curriculum specialist
- Instructional coordinator
- Middle school principal
- Middle school teacher