Liberty University Online | Master of Divinity in Chaplaincy
Liberty University Online's Master of Divinity in Chaplaincy program gives students the opportunity to develop ministry skills. Learn more about the Master of Divinity in Chaplaincy program at Liberty University Online here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Divinity in Chaplaincy
School Offering Program:
Liberty University Online
Students must have a bachelor's degree with a minimum GPA of 2.0 prior to enrolling in the Master of Divinity in Chaplaincy program at Liberty Online. Students should also be interested in providing guidance or support to others. Applicants to Liberty University Online's programs should be at least 18 years of age. Some programs may have additional requirements.
Liberty Online's Master of Divinity in Chaplaincy program is designed to teach the history of Christianity, discipleship ministries, systematic theology, evangelism, New Testament, and Old Testament. Students have the opportunity to learn about chaplaincy ministry, pastoral ministry, leadership, strategic planning, sermon preparation, and counseling. This program is also intended to teach ministry skills and strategies. Students complete a three-credit chaplaincy internship. Students are required to complete this program in 10 years with at least a 2.0 GPA.
Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Currently more than 87 percent of Liberty Online students receive some form of financial aid, including federal grants and loans. Liberty University also offers an experienced financial support staff to help you find scholarships.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Divinity in Chaplaincy:
- CHHI 520: History of Christianity I (3 credits)
- CHHI 525: History of Christianity II (3 credits)
- DSMN 500: Discipleship Ministries (3 credits)
Theology and Apologetics
- THEO 525: Systematic Theology I (3 credits)
- THEO 530: Systematic Theology II (3 credits)
- Students select one 500-600 level APOL/THEO elective (3 credits)
Evangelism and Missions
- EVAN 565: Contemporary Evangelism (3 credits)
- ICST 650: Cross-Cultural Evangelism and Church Planting (3 credits)
Biblical Studies Core
- NBST 521: New Testament Orientation I (3 credits)
- NBST 522: New Testament Orientation II (3 credits)
- OBST 591: Old Testament Orientation I (3 credits)
- OBST 592: Old Testament Orientation II (3 credits)
- CHPL 500: Introduction to Chaplaincy Ministry (3 credits)
- CHPL 696: Chaplaincy and Pastoral Ministries OR PLED 635: Theology of Pastoral Ministry (3 credits)
- CLED 510: Biblical Foundation of Leadership (3 credits)
- CLED 520: The Life of the Leader (3 credits)
- CLED 620: Vision and Strategic Planning (3 credits)
- HOMI 501: Preparation of the Sermon (3 credits)
- PACO 500: Introduction to Pastoral Counseling (3 credits)
- PACO 603: Premarital/Marital Counseling (3 credits)
- PACO 604: Crisis Counseling/Brief Therapy (3 credits)
- ICST 500: World Missions (3 credits)
- DSMN 601: Ministry of Teaching (3 credits)
- CHPL 699: Chaplaincy Internship (3 credits)
Please note that degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Before applying, students should contact Liberty Online to confirm the most accurate program information.Please note that degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Before applying, students should contact Liberty Online to confirm the most accurate program information.
Potential Career Paths:
Graduates of the Master of Divinity in Chaplaincy program at Liberty Online could be able to pursue chaplaincy positions. They might be able to work in the military, health care settings, or correctional institutions. Their work could include providing counseling to others or teaching.
- Christian education
- Christian school administration
- Church education administrator
- Director of chaplaincy services
- Director of pastoral care
- Instructional supervisor
- Military chaplain
- Sunday school administrator
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!