DBA in Management
Northcentral University's Doctor of Business Administration in Management program is designed to teach students about marketing management, business organization and management, strategic management, and associated topics. Learn more about Northcentral University's Doctor of Business Administration in Management program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Business Administration in Management
School Offering Program:
Applicants to Northcentral University's Doctor of Business Administration in Management program should have strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills. Experience in management is also helpful. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree.
Students enrolled in Northcentral University's Doctor of Business Administration in Management program have the opportunity to study topics in marketing management, organizational behavior, change management, and strategic leadership. A dissertation in required in order to complete the degree, but students must first take courses in research methods and scholarly writing. Some of the core business topics covered in the degree program include business ethics and business statistics.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Business Administration in Management:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Doctor of Business Administration Requirements (27 credits)
- BTM 7101: Doctoral Studies in Business
- BTM 7300: Scholarly Literature Review
- MGT 7019: Ethics in Business
- BTM-7104: Statistics I
- BTM 7303: Research Methods
- BTM 7103: Research Design
- Students choose one:
- BTM 7106: Quantitative Research Design
- BTM 7108: Quantitative Research Design
- BTM 7109: Planning Dissertation Research in Business
- CMP 9600B: DBA Portfolio
Management Specialization Courses (15 credits)
Select five of the following courses:
- MGT 7000: Business Organization and Management
- MGT 7002: Marketing Management
- MGT 7006: Advanced Topics in Organizational Behavior
- MGT 7013: Entrepreneurship
- MGT 7016: Managing Change
- MGT 7022: Advanced Topics in Organizational Development
- MGT 7027: Legal Implications in Management
- MGT 7029: Strategic Leadership
- MGT 7110: Leadership in Organizations
Dissertation Courses (12 credits)
- DIS 9901A: Components of the Dissertation
- DIS 9902A: The Dissertation Proposal
- DIS 9903A: Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Data Collection
- DIS 9904A: The Dissertation Manuscript and Defense
Students who have graduated of Northcentral University's Doctor of Business Administration in Management program have the opportunity to pursue management positions in a variety of industries. Applicants should be able to demonstrate strong communication and problem-solving skills. Teaching opportunities may also exist with colleges and universities. Some possible job titles for graduates of this degree program may include:
- Management consultant
- Management analyst