DBA in Management Information Systems
Students enrolled in Northcentral University's Doctor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems program have the opportunity to learn about decision support systems, IT data communications management, information technology management, and other relevant topics. Learn more about Northcentral University's Doctor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems
School Offering Program:
Applicants to Northcentral University's Doctor of Business Administration in Information Technology Management program should have a background in the field and be comfortable working with current technology used in IT. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree.
A dissertation is required in order to complete the requirements of Northcentral University's Doctor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems program. The dissertation process begins after core business classes in areas such as ethics and statistics are completed. The management information systems courses cover topics in decision support systems, enterprise network architecture, IT management, and data management.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Business Administration in Management:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Doctor of Business Administration Requirements (27 credits)
- BTM 7101: Doctoral Studies in Business
- BTM 7300: Scholarly Literature Review
- MGT 7019: Ethics in Business
- BTM-7104: Statistics I
- BTM 7303: Research Methods
- BTM 7103: Research Design
- Students choose one:
- BTM 7106: Quantitative Research Design
- BTM 7108: Quantitative Research Design
- BTM 7109: Planning Dissertation Research in Business
- CMP 9600B: DBA Portfolio
Management Information Systems Specialization Courses (15 credits)
- MIS 7000: Information Technology Management
- MIS 7002: Database Administration and Management
- MIS 7003: Information Technology Decision Support
- MIS 7004: IT Data Communications Management
- MIS 7005: Enterprise Network Architecture
Dissertation Courses (12 credits)
- DIS 9901A: Components of the Dissertation
- DIS 9902A: The Dissertation Proposal
- DIS 9903A: Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Data Collection
- DIS 9904A: The Dissertation Manuscript and Defense
Students who have graduated from Northcentral University's Doctor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems program have the opportunity to pursue management level jobs in the IT field. These job opportunities may be offered by financial firms, large corporations, government agencies, and consultancies. Applicants must have strong interpersonal and critical-thinking skills. Some possible job opportunities in the field may include:
- Information technology manager
- Database manager
- Network manager