DBA in Management of Engineering & Technology
Students enrolled in Northcentral University's Doctor of Business Administration in Management of Engineering and Technology program have the opportunity to study operational research, applications of systems theory, the fundamentals of productivity, and other associated topics. Learn more about the Doctor of Business Administration in Management of Engineering and Technology program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Business Administration in Management of Engineering and Technology
School Offering Program:
Applicants to Northcentral University's Doctor of Business Administration in Management of Engineering and Technology program should have some experience in quality management and systems management. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree.
Northcentral University's Doctor of Business Administration in Management of Engineering and Technology program is designed to teach students about the fundamentals of productivity, applications of decision theory and systems theory, and strategic technology management techniques. Core business courses include business statistics and business ethics. Students are also required to take classes on research methodology and writing before beginning their dissertation projects.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Business Administration - Management:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Doctor of Business Administration Requirements (27 credits)
- BTM 7101: Doctoral Studies in Business
- BTM 7300: Scholarly Literature Review
- MGT 7019: Ethics in Business
- BTM-7104: Statistics I
- BTM 7303: Research Methods
- BTM 7103: Research Design
- Students choose one:
- BTM 7106: Quantitative Research Design
- BTM 7108: Quantitative Research Design
- BTM 7109: Planning Dissertation Research in Business
- CMP 9600B: DBA Portfolio
Management of Engineering and Technology Courses (15 credits)
Select five of the following courses:
- MET 7000: Fundamentals of Productivity
- MET 7002: Applications of Systems Theory
- MET 7003: Applications of Decision Theory
- MET 7015: The Impact and Process Optimization of Technology
- MET 7020: Strategic Technology Management
- MET 7029: Enterprise Project Management
Dissertation Courses (12 credits)
- DIS 9901A: Components of the Dissertation
- DIS 9902A: The Dissertation Proposal
- DIS 9903A: Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Data Collection
- DIS 9904A: The Dissertation Manuscript and Defense
Graduates of Northcentral University's Doctor of Business Administration in Management of Engineering and Technology program have the opportunity to pursue management-level jobs in the field. Job opportunities may exist with manufacturing companies and organizations that utilize technology to increase and control productivity. Graduates may also have the opportunity to apply for teaching jobs with colleges and universities. Some possible job titles for graduates of this degree include:
- Quality management analyst
- Productivity manager