Northcentral University | DBA in Marketing
Northcentral University's Doctor of Business Administration in Marketing program is designed to teach students about consumer behavior, marketing management, marketing strategy, and other associated topics. Learn more about the Doctor of Business Administration in Marketing program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Business Administration in Marketing
School Offering Program:
Applicants to Northcentral University's Doctor of Business Administration in Marketing program should have some marketing experience and possess a desire to learn more about the field. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are also important. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree.
Students enrolled in Northcentral University's Doctor of Business Administration in Marketing program have an opportunity to learn about marketing management, brand and product management, strategic sales force management, and customer relationship management strategies. A dissertation is required in order to complete the degree program and students have to take courses in scholarly writing and research methodology prior to beginning the dissertation.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Business Administration in Management:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Doctor of Business Administration Requirements (27 credits)
- BTM 7101: Doctoral Studies in Business
- BTM 7300: Scholarly Literature Review
- MGT 7019: Ethics in Business
- BTM-7104: Statistics I
- BTM 7303: Research Methods
- BTM 7103: Research Design
- Students choose one:
- BTM 7106: Quantitative Research Design
- BTM 7108: Quantitative Research Design
- BTM 7109: Planning Dissertation Research in Business
- CMP 9600B: DBA Portfolio
Marketing Courses (15 credits)
Select five of the following courses:
- MGT 7002: Marketing Management
- MKT 7000: Strategic Service Marketing
- MKT 7001: Strategic Sales Force Management
- MKT 7002: Customer Relationship Management Strategies
- MKT 7003: Integrated Marketing Communication
- MKT 7100: Consumer Behavior Theory and Practice
- MKT 7101: Brand and Product Management
Dissertation Courses (12 credits)
- DIS 9901A: Components of the Dissertation
- DIS 9902A: The Dissertation Proposal
- DIS 9903A: Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Data Collection
- DIS 9904A: The Dissertation Manuscript and Defense
Students who have graduated from Doctor of Business Administration in Marketing program have an opportunity to pursue upper-level management positions in the marketing field. Conversely, graduates could choose to enter into academia as marketing professors. Many professors spend their time teaching and conducting research, which is then published in scholarly business journals. Some possible job titles for graduates of this degree could include:
- Marketing manager
- Brand manager
- Marketing consultant
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!