DBA in Organizational Leadership
The Doctor of Business Administration in Organizational Leadership program at Northcentral University emphasizes the skills necessary to train and lead at today's business and non-profit organizations. Learn more about this program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Business Administration in Organizational Leadership
School Offering Program:
Students must already hold a master's degree from a regionally accredited university. Previous work experience or coursework in business or leadership may benefit students interested in this program. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree.
The Doctor of Business Administration program at Northcentral University is a research-based degree program that concentrates on business management issues. It is designed for current and potential business leaders and managers. Students have the opportunity to develop research skills, learn management practices, and gain an understanding of qualitative and quantitative business analysis tools. The organizational leadership specialization emphasis organizational development, capacity building, leadership skills, and conflict resolution.
Total Credits Required:
Minimum of 54 credit hours
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Business Administration in Organizational Leadership:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Doctor of Business Administration Requirements (27 credits)
- BTM 7101: Doctoral Studies in Business
- BTM 7300: Scholarly Literature Review
- MGT 7019: Ethics in Business
- BTM-7104: Statistics I
- BTM 7303: Research Methods
- BTM 7103: Research Design
- Students choose one:
- BTM 7106: Quantitative Research Design
- BTM 7108: Quantitative Research Design
- BTM 7109: Planning Dissertation Research in Business
- CMP 9600B: DBA Portfolio
Organizational Leadership Specialization Requirements (15 credits)
Choose five courses from the following:
- OL 7001B: Conflict Resolution and Mediation
- OL 7002B: Building Organizational Capacity
- OL 7003B: Leadership for Excellence
- OL 7004B: Theory and Practice of Organizational Leadership
- OL 7005B: Ethical Leadership
- OL 7007B: Leader as Coach
- OL 7008B: Executive Leadership in Nonprofit Organizations
Dissertation Courses (12 credits)
- DIS 9901A: Components of the Dissertation
- DIS 9902A: The Dissertation Proposal
- DIS 9903A: Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Data Collection
- DIS 9904A: The Dissertation Manuscript and Defense
Post Graduation Opportunities
Students in this program may develop skills in conflict resolution, business analytics, and leadership. These skills may prepare students for a number of positions in business. Possible positions graduates could pursue include:
- Human resources manager
- Business strategist
- Organizational development consultant
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!