DBA in Project Management
The Doctor of Business Administration in Project Management program may help prepare students to pursue positions in business, project management, or risk management. Learn more about this program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Business Administration in Project Management
School Offering Program:
Students must already hold a master's degree from a regionally accredited university. Experience in business or project management may help students applying to this program. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree.
The Doctor of Business Administration in Project Management program at Northcentral University is designed to allow students the chance to develop skills to evaluate, analyze, and interpret knowledge. An emphasis is placed on interpreting data to make business decisions. Students may learn about research methodology, strategies, and design. The project management specialization focuses on risk management, project management and control, budgeting, and team management in project environments.
Total Credits Required:
Minimum of 54 credit hours
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Business Administration in Project Management
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Doctor of Business Administration Requirements (27 credits)
- BTM 7101: Doctoral Studies in Business
- BTM 7300: Scholarly Literature Review
- MGT 7019: Ethics in Business
- BTM-7104: Statistics I
- BTM 7303: Research Methods
- BTM 7103: Research Design
- Students choose one:
- BTM 7106: Quantitative Research Design
- BTM 7108: Quantitative Research Design
- BTM 7109: Planning Dissertation Research in Business
- CMP 9600B: DBA Portfolio
Project Management Specialization Requirements (15 credits)
Choose five courses from the following:
- MET 7029: Enterprise Project Management
- PM 7000: Project Procurement Management
- PM 7004: Project Risk Management
- PM 7008: Project Monitoring and Control
- PM 7012: Multiple Project Management
- PM 7016: Managerial Budgets and Project Management
- PM 7020: Developing High Performing Teams in a Project Management Environment
Dissertation Courses (12 credits)
- DIS 9901A: Components of the Dissertation
- DIS 9902A: The Dissertation Proposal
- DIS 9903A: Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Data Collection
- DIS 9904A: The Dissertation Manuscript and Defense
Post Graduation Opportunities
In this program, students may develop skills in planning, budgeting for, and managing projects. Students may also develop team management skills. These skills could prepare students for a variety of positions in business. Possible positions graduates might pursue include:
- Project manager
- Strategic planning consultant
- Risk manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!