Ed.D. in Educational Leadership
The Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership program at Northcentral University is designed to give students the chance to study the practice of leadership in the educational environment. Read more about this program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership
School Offering Program:
Students applying to this program who already hold a master's degree should meet the basis of admission. Previous experience or coursework in management or leadership may be helpful. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree.
The Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership program at Northcentral University is designed to give students the chance to learn about the unique aspects of leadership in educational institutions. The program core includes coursework in research strategy, methodology, and design. Scholarly writing is also covered. The educational leadership focused courses emphasizes supervision, decision-making, organizational leadership, and diversity in schools. This program also requires students to complete original research as part of a doctoral dissertation.
Total Credits Required:
Minimum of 54 credits
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program
- EDU 8000 - Foundations for Graduate Study in Education
- EDU 8001 - Advanced Scholarly Writing
- ED 7030 - Development of Organizational Leadership
- ED 7012 - Educational Leadership
- ED 7016 - Supervision and Leadership in Schools
- EDL 8335 - Evidence-Based Decision-Making in Educational Leadership
- EDL 7025 - Educational Policy, Leadership, and Research
- ED 7008 - Educating a Diversity of Learners
- EDR 8200 - Scholarly Literature Review
- EDR 8203 - Research Methods
- EDR 8201 - Statistics I
- Students choose one:
- EDR 8204 - Advanced Qualitative Design and Measurement
- EDR 8205 - Advanced Quantitative Design and Measurement
- EDL 7040 - Leadership in Instructional Technology
Doctoral Comprehensive Examination (3 credits)
- CMP 9700E: Doctoral Comprehensive Assessment: Pre-Candidacy Prospectus
Dissertation Requirements (12 credits)
- DIS 9901A: Components of the Dissertation
- DIS 9902A: The Dissertation Proposal
- DIS 9903A: Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Data Collection
- DIS 9904A: The Dissertation Manuscript and Defense
Post Graduation Opportunities
This Northcentral University program gives students the chance to develop research, communications, and leadership skills. These skills may prepare students to seek a variety of positions in the education field. Possible positions graduates could pursue include:
- Department head