Ed.D. in Global Training & Development
Northcentral University's Doctor of Education in Global Training and Development program is designed to provide learners with an in-depth examination of diverse and inclusive managerial strategies. Learn more about this accredited university's graduate degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Education in Global Training and Development
School Offering Program:
Individuals interested in this program may have experience in the business realm. They may also be existing educators seeking to strengthen their administrative skills. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements.
Individuals who have enrolled in this Northcentral University program have the opportunity to develop applied research, critical-thinking, and practical skills specific to organizational leadership. They have the chance to examine theories in adult learning as well as study techniques for working in traditional and online instructional environments. The program is designed to teach students how to understand and assess the training needs within an organization in order to maximize success. Participants will have an opportunity to examine international companies who have created successful training programs. Furthermore, students will have a chance to evaluate their own organization's efficacy and analyze areas for growth.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
A minimum of 54 credits are needed to complete this graduate degree program. However, a maximum of 66 credits can be taken if students need additional time to complete dissertation research. Students can take up to seven years to complete this program.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Education in Global Training and Development:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Doctor of Education Foundation Courses (24 credits)
- EDU 8000: Foundations for Graduate Study in Education
- EDU 8001: Advanced Scholarly Writing
- EDR 8200: Scholarly Literature Review
- EDR 8203: Research Methods
- EDR 8201: Statistics I
- EDR 8204: Advanced Qualitative Design and Measurement
- EDR 8205: Advanced Quantitative Design and Measurement
- One additional Specialization or Elective Course
Global Training and Development Requirements (15 credits)
Students select five courses from the following list:
- GTD 7000: Human Performance: Paradigms and Possibilities
- GTD 7005: Strategic Links for Successful Global Training
- GTD 7007: The Role of Technology in the Global Training Marketplace
- GTD 7011: Best Practices for Training and Presenting to International Audiences
- GTD 7013: Evaluating Training Programs
- GTD 7019: Trainer as Consultant in the Global Marketplace
- OL 7101: Building Organizational Capacity
- OL 7100: Conflict Resolution and Mediation
- ED 7017: Systems Dynamics
- OL 7102: Leadership Ethics to Attain Organizational Excellence
- ED 7030: Development of Organizational Leadership
Doctoral Comprehensive Examination (3 credits)
- CMP 9700E: Doctoral Comprehensive Assessment: Pre-Candidacy Prospectus
Dissertation Requirements (12 credits)
- DIS 9901A: Components of the Dissertation
- DIS 9902A: The Dissertation Proposal
- DIS 9903A: Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Data Collection
- DIS 9904A: The Dissertation Manuscript and Defense
Post Graduation Opportunities
Existing educators or administrators who have completed the Doctor of Education in Global Training and Development program could be able undertake additional responsibilities in their current school. Additionally, graduates of this program could be able to seek opportunities with within county departments, public schools, or postsecondary institutions. Opportunities could also be sought with domestic or international corporations.
Graduates of this Northcentral University program could be able to find employment as a(n):
- Public school principal
- College education instructor
- University admissions director
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!