Education Specialist in E-Learning
The Education Specialist in E-Learning program at Northcentral University could serve the educational interests of teaching professionals who want to explore the delivery models and technologies of online learning. Learn more about this program here.
Official Program Name:
Education Specialist in E-Learning
School Offering Program:
A master's degree or higher is required for admission to this Education Specialist in E-Learning program. Technical abilities and prior professional experience in educational settings might also be necessary. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements.
Northcentral University's Education Specialist in E-Learning program offers doctoral-level studies for aspiring electronic learning practitioners who want to better understand the principles, philosophies, and processes of online education. As they explore communication and information technologies, enrollees could discover techniques for creating online educational environments that are conducive to learning. Furthermore, they might acquire expertise in developing learning activities and programs that are related to online coursework. The curriculum is designed to cover instructional strategies and design concepts as well as e-learning best practices.
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for an Education Specialist in E-Learning:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Education Specialist Required Courses (15 credits)
- EDU 8000: Foundations for Graduate Study in Education
- EDU 8001: Advanced Scholarly Writing
- EDR 8203: Research Methods
- Students choose one:
- EDR 8204: Advanced Qualitative Design and Measurement
- EDR 8205: Advanced Quantitative Design and Measurement
- ED 7053: Education Specialist Capstone Project
Specialization Courses (16 credits)
Students select six of the following courses:
- EL 7001: Principles and Practices in E-Learning (Foundation Course)
- EL 7002: E-Learning Instructional Strategies
- EL 7003: Instructional Design and Engaging E-Learning Activities
- EL 7004: The Online Learner
- EL 7006: Facilitating Adult Learning Online
- EL 7007: Developing Online Content Ethically and Legally
- EL 7010: Online Learning for the PK-12 Students
- ED 7008: Educating a Diversity of Learners
Furthering Your Education:
Educational leaders who want to conduct research, teach at the university level, or explore research design options should consider earning a doctoral degree. Following are some examples of relevant programs:
- Doctor of Education in Educational Technology
- Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction with a concentration in Instructional or Educational Technology
Upon completing the Education Specialist in E-Learning program, participants could be prepared to reach wider audiences through online teaching. They might have gained the expertise needed to facilitate online learning in one of the following professional capacities:
- K-12 teacher (virtual schools)
- Technical and community college instructor
- Online curriculum consultant
- Curriculum development specialist
- Distance education leader
- Professional development coordinator
- Continuing education facilitator
- Business trainer
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!