Official Program Name:
Education Specialist in Educational Leadership
School Offering Program:
A master's degree is required of those who might apply for admission. Students should also have relevant professional backgrounds. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements.
The Education Specialist in Educational Leadership program is designed to present learners with contemporary education and school reform models and theories. By providing participants with chances to acquire organizational and leadership skills, the program could prepare them to advance their K-12 education careers. Through the exploration of organizational leadership strategies, decision-making and diversity issues in education, students can have opportunities to promote positive change in their own learning communities. School finance and business management practices could also be addressed.
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Required Courses for an Education Specialist in Educational Leadership:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Required Courses (33 credits)
- EDU 8000 - Foundations for Doctoral Study in Education
- EDU 8001 - Advanced Scholarly Writing
- ED 7030 - Development of Organizational Leadership
- ED 7012 - Educational Leadership
- EDL 8335 - Evidence-Based Decision-Making in Educational Leadership
- ED 7008 - Educating a Diversity of Learners
- ED 7013 - Financial Issues in Schools
- ED 7004 - School Law
- EDR 8203 - Research Methods
- EDL 7040 - Leadership in Instructional Technology
- ED 7053 - Education Specialist Capstone Project
Furthering Your Education:
Related doctoral degree programs could serve as follow-up education for learners who want to seek career opportunities as scholars, educational researchers, or policy makers. Graduates of this program might later go on to pursue terminal degrees such as:
- Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Philosophy in Educational Leadership
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education - Instructional Leadership
Learners who successfully earn the Education Specialist in Educational Leadership could have the managerial competencies and professional credentials necessary to pursue work in school administration. Opportunities could be sought at school district or regional levels or within K-12 public or private schools. Potential career paths for those individuals include:
- Assistant principals
- Assistant school superintendents
- Teacher leaders
- Education administrators
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!