MBA in Computer and Information Security
Students enrolled in Northcentral University's Master of Business Administration in Computer and Information Security program have an opportunity to learn about corporate computer and network security, legal and ethical issues in information assurance, cyberterrorism, and other associated topics. Learn more about the Master of Business Administration in Computer and Information Security here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Business Administration in Computer and Information Security
School Offering Program:
Applicants to Northcentral University's Master of Business Administration in Computer and Information Security program should have an interest in business and how information technology and computer information security function in today's business environment. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree.
Northcentral University's Master of Business Administration in Computer and Information Security program is designed to teach students about risk management in information assurance and security, systems certification and accreditation, cyber forensics, and contingency planning and disaster recovery. Core business classes cover issues such as business decision making, business finance, operations management, and marketing.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Business Administration in Computer and Information Security:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Foundation Requirements (15 credits)
- MBA 5102: Welcome to Changing Times - Business in the 21st Century
- MBA 5110: Managing People and Teams
- MBA 5121: Managerial Decision-Making
- MBA 5130: Managing Business Finances
- MBA 5140: Operations Management
- MBA 5150: Innovation and Marketing
Computer and Information Security Specialization Requirement (9 credits)
- Select three of the following courses:
- CIS 5000: Introduction to Computer Security
- CIS 5002: Corporate Computer and Network Security
- CIS 5003: Cyber Forensics: Collecting, Examining, and Preserving Evidence of Computer and Information Crimes
- CIS 5004: Introduction to systems Certification and Accreditation
- CIS 5005: Cyber terrorism, Information Warfare, and Critical Infrastructure Protection
- CIS 5008: Risk Management in Information Assurance and Security
- CIS 5009: Legal and Ethical Issues in Information Security
- CIS 5010: Contingency Planning and Disaster Recovery for the Security Professional
Capstone Course (3 credits)
- MBA 6010: Strategic Planning
Graduates of Northcentral University's Master of Business Administration in Computer and Information Security program have the opportunity to pursue jobs in the information technology assurance field. Some prospective employers may include financial firms, non-profits, government agencies, and large-scale businesses that rely on information technology architecture. Job applicants should have strong interpersonal skills and be comfortable working with common technological tools used in the computer information technology field. Some possible job titles may include:
- Information technology manager
- Computer security analyst
- Database administrator
- Information technology assurance consultant
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!