Master of Education - Adult Learning and Workforce Education
Northcentral University's Master of Education in Adult Learning and Workforce Education program gives students the opportunity to prepare for careers teaching adults or training employees. Learn more about the Master of Education in Adult Learning and Workforce Education program at Northcentral University here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Education in Adult Learning and Workforce Education
School Offering Program:
Students should be interested in learning about teaching other adults before enrolling in the Master of Education in Adult Learning and Workforce Education program at Northcentral University. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree.
Northcentral University's Master of Education in Adult Learning and Workforce Education program is designed to help students learn about teaching diverse learners, how organizational behavior is impacted by cultural diversity, education governance, and leading the global workforce. This program is also intended to teach adult learning and development, adult program organization and administration, adult learning theories, and training program evaluation. Students who successfully complete this program could be able to solve organizational problems and respond to changes.
Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Education in Adult Learning and Workforce Education:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Master of Education Foundation Courses (15 credits)
- EDU 5000: Foundations for Graduate Study in Education
- ED 5040: Leadership for Learning Communities
- ED 5041: Adult Learning Strategies to Improve Organizational Efficacy
- ED 5042: Intercultural Communication
- ED 5044: Technology and a Vision for the Future
Adult Learning and Workforce Education Specialization Courses (12 credits)
Students select four of the following courses:
- OL 5103: Leading Change and Organizational Renewal
- GTD 5011: Introduction to Best Practices for Training and Presenting to International Audiences
- ED 5012: Leadership in Educational Organizations
- ED 5038: The Art and Science of Adult Education
- EL 5006: Adult Learning Theories
- GTD 5000: Human Performance and Improvement
- GTD 5013: Evaluating Training Programs
Master of Education Capstone (3 credits)
- ED 6002: Action Research Project Capstone
Graduates of Northcentral University's Master of Education in Adult Learning and Workforce Education program could be able to pursue employment in the adult education or business fields. Their work could include teaching adults, handling human resources, or aiding workforce training and development.
Positions students could be able to seek include:
- Adult basic education teacher
- Adult literacy teacher
- Corporate training specialist
- Education administrator
- GED teacher
- Human resources development specialist
- Human resources director
- Remedial education teacher
- Training and development manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!