Master of Education - International Education
Northcentral University's Master of Education in International Education program gives students the opportunity to learn about educational development and international policy. Read more about the Master of Education in International Education program at Northcentral University here.
Official Program Name:
Master of Education in International Education
School Offering Program:
Before enrolling in the Master of Education in International Education program at Northcentral University, students should be interested in learning how the United States education system is impacted by global perspectives. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree.
Northcentral University's Master of Education in International Education program gives students the opportunity to develop cultural awareness, international education theory, and global trends skills. Specialization courses give students the chance to learn about teaching diverse learners, global and comparative education, international education concepts and theory, global education organizations, conflict resolution, globalization, educational change, and national development of education. This program is also intended to teach students how to be effective leaders in educational organizations.
Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Master of Education in International Education:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Master of Education Foundation Courses (15 credits)
- EDU 5000: Foundations for Graduate Study in Education
- ED 5040: Leadership for Learning Communities
- ED 5041: Adult Learning Strategies to Improve Organizational Efficacy
- ED 5042: Intercultural Communication
- ED 5044: Technology and a Vision for the Future
International Education Specialization Courses (12 credits)
Students select four of the following courses:
- ED 5008: Teaching Diverse Students
- ED 5012: Leadership in Educational Organizations
- IE 5001: Introduction to Global and Comparative Education
- IE 5003: International Education Concepts and Theory
- IE 5005: International Organizations in Global Education
- IE 5007: Conflict Resolution in an International Context
- IE 5013: Globalization and Educational Change
- IE 5021: Education and National Development
Master of Education Capstone (3 credits)
- ED 6002: Action Research Project Capstone
Students who complete Northcentral University's Master of Education in International Education program could be able to seek employment in the educational field. Their work might include creating teaching methods and practices.
Positions students could be interested in include:
- Cultural administration professional
- Diversity trainer
- International development manager
- Student advisor
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!