Northcentral University | PhD in Business Administration - Health Care Administration
The Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration with a specialization in Health Care Administration program is designed to give students the chance to learn how to apply business principles to health care delivery and health care organizations. Learn more about this Northcentral University program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration with a specialization in Health Care Administration
School Offering Program:
Students must already hold a master's degree from a regionally accredited university. Experience of previous coursework in health care may be helpful. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree.
Northcentral University's Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration with a specialization in Health Care Administration program is designed to give students the chance to learn how to apply business principles in a health care setting. Students have the opportunity to learn about business ethics, statistics, research strategies, and scholarly writing techniques. The health care administration specialization includes instruction in financial management, health care ethics, and health care strategic management. As part of this program, students must complete a doctoral dissertation.
Total Credits Required:
Minimum of 60 credit hours
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration with a Specialization in Health Care Administration
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
PhD in Business Administration Foundation Courses (33 credits)
- BUS 7101: Changing Times: Business Administration in the 21st Century
- BUS 7300: Scholarly Business Communication
- BUS 7110: The Business Environment
- BUS 7120: Business Financial Systems
- BUS 7130: Business Leadership & Strategy
- BUS 7200: Business Statistics
- BUS 7310: Introduction to Business Research Design & Methodology
- Students choose one:
- BUS 7320: Quantitative Business Research Design & Methodology and BUS 7321: Directed Quantitative Research
- BUS 7330: Qualitative Business Research Design & Methodology and BUS 7331: Directed Qualitative Research
- Doctoral Level Elective Course 1
- CMP 9700B: PhD-BA Portfolio
Doctoral Dissertation Courses (12 credits)
- DIS 9901A: Components of the Dissertation
- DIS 9902A: The Dissertation Proposal
- DIS 9903A: Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Data Collection
- DIS 9904A: The Dissertation Manuscript and Defense
Health Care Administration Specialization Requirements (15 credits)
- HCA 7012: Health Care Industry and Financial Management
- HCA 7013: Legal and Ethical Issues in Health Care Research Management
- HCA 7014: Advanced Concepts and Applications in Health Policy and Management
- HCA 7019: Managerial Leadership within Managed Health Care Systems
- HCA 7022: Health Care Strategic Management
Post Graduation Opportunities
Northcentral University's Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration with a specialization in Health Care Administration program may help prepare students for careers in the health care industry. Students may learn management practices for health care entities, health care educational theory, and legal and ethical issues in health care. Possible positions graduates could pursue include:
- Hospital administrator
- Health care policy analyst
- Health care quality manager
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!