PhD in Business Administration - Marketing
The Ph.D. in Business Administration with a specialization in Marketing program is designed to examine foundational and contemporary approaches in marketing strategizing and operations. Read more about this flexible Northcentral University program here.
Official Program Name:
Ph.D. in Business Administration with a specialization in Marketing
School Offering Program:
Individuals interested in this program may be existing business professors or scholars seeking to deepen their understanding of marketing and promotional research methods. Previous training in statistics, data modeling, business communications, or consumer behavior could prove helpful. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements.
Students enrolled in this Northcentral University program have the opportunity to examine sales, research, and promotional techniques that can be applied to virtual, global or domestic markets. Participants will have the chance to learn to assess and evaluate buyer needs, wants, and behavior and construct advertising strategies geared toward establishing quality goods or services and driving customer loyalty. The curriculum is also intended to cover legal, ethical, and regulatory issues.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
This program may be completed in 60 credits. Up to an additional 15 credit hours will be allowed to complete dissertation research. Students have up to seven years to complete the program.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Ph.D. in Business Administration with a Specialization in Marketing:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
PhD in Business Administration Foundation Courses (33 credits)
- BUS 7101: Changing Times: Business Administration in the 21st Century
- BUS 7300: Scholarly Business Communication
- BUS 7110: The Business Environment
- BUS 7120: Business Financial Systems
- BUS 7130: Business Leadership & Strategy
- BUS 7200: Business Statistics
- BUS 7310: Introduction to Business Research Design & Methodology
- Students choose one:
- BUS 7320: Quantitative Business Research Design & Methodology and BUS 7321: Directed Quantitative Research
- BUS 7330: Qualitative Business Research Design & Methodology and BUS 7331: Directed Qualitative Research
- Doctoral Level Elective Course 1
- CMP 9700B: PhD-BA Portfolio
Doctoral Dissertation Courses (12 credits)
- DIS 9901A: Components of the Dissertation
- DIS 9902A: The Dissertation Proposal
- DIS 9903A: Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Data Collection
- DIS 9904A: The Dissertation Manuscript and Defense
Marketing Specialization Courses (15 credits)
Students select five courses from the following list:
- MGT 7002: Marketing Management
- MKT 7000: Strategic Service Marketing
- MKT 7001: Strategic Sales Force Management
- MKT 7002: Customer Relationship Management Strategies
- MKT 7003: Integrated Marketing Communication
- MKT 7100: Consumer Behavior Theory and Practice
- MKT 7101: Brand and Product Management
Earning a Ph.D. in Business Administration with a specialization in Marketing degree could allow existing professionals to take on additional responsibilities in their current workplace. In addition, graduates of this program could be able to pursue employment with colleges, consulting firms, corporations, or research institutes. Duties that professionals in this field could be able to undertake might include data analysis, applied research, or instruction.
Career opportunities that graduates of this Northcentral University program could be able to pursue include, but are not limited to:
- Marketing professor
- Market researcher
- Business instructor
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!