PhD in Business Administration - Organizational Leadership
Northcentral University's Ph.D. in Business Administration with a specialization in Organizational Leadership program is designed to strengthen students' knowledge of business and management practices. Learn more about this graduate degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Ph.D. in Business Administration with a specialization in Organizational Leadership
School Offering Program:
Individuals interested in this program may be business professionals, private managers, or public administrators seeking to develop their theoretical and practical leadership skills. Previous courses in diversity management, labor relations, psychology, or sociology may be beneficial. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements.
Individuals enrolled in the Ph.D. in Business Administration with a specialization in Organizational Leadership program have the opportunity to examine what drives overall success in a company, an institution, or an agency. The curriculum is designed to explore topics in technology management, conflict resolution, organizational negotiations, cultural diversity, and community relations. Prior to completing the program, students will have the chance to analyze a field-specific topic of interest through the completion of a major research assignment. In addition, they will have the opportunity to use their newfound knowledge to assess their own professional value as well as the effectiveness of their current employer.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
This program requires the completion of at least 60 post-master's credit hours. However, students needing additional time to complete dissertation research may utilize up to 75 credits.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Ph.D. in Business Administration with a Specialization in Organizational Leadership:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
PhD in Business Administration Foundation Courses (33 credits)
- BUS 7101: Changing Times: Business Administration in the 21st Century
- BUS 7300: Scholarly Business Communication
- BUS 7110: The Business Environment
- BUS 7120: Business Financial Systems
- BUS 7130: Business Leadership & Strategy
- BUS 7200: Business Statistics
- BUS 7310: Introduction to Business Research Design & Methodology
- Students choose one:
- BUS 7320: Quantitative Business Research Design & Methodology and BUS 7321: Directed Quantitative Research
- BUS 7330: Qualitative Business Research Design & Methodology and BUS 7331: Directed Qualitative Research
- Doctoral Level Elective Course 1
- CMP 9700B: PhD-BA Portfolio
Doctoral Dissertation Courses (12 credits)
- DIS 9901A: Components of the Dissertation
- DIS 9902A: The Dissertation Proposal
- DIS 9903A: Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Data Collection
- DIS 9904A: The Dissertation Manuscript and Defense
Organizational Leadership Specialization Courses (15 credits)
Students select six courses from the following list:
- OL 7001B: Conflict Resolution and Mediation
- OL 7002B: Building Organizational Capacity
- OL 7003B: Leadership for Excellence
- OL 7004B: Theory and Practice of Organizational Leadership
- OL 7005B: Ethical Leadership
- OL 7007B: Leader as Coach
- OL 7008B: Executive Leadership in Nonprofit Organizations
Post Graduation Opportunities
After completing this Northcentral University program, graduates could pursue employment with colleges, businesses, or consulting firms. Positions could also be found in nonprofit or government sectors. With a Ph.D., graduates could undertake tasks in academia, applied research, corporate policy creation, workforce management, or administration.
Jobs that graduates could be able to pursue might include:
- Corporate advisor
- Business pedagogue
- Senior business executive
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!