PhD in Education - Organizational Leadership
Students interested in working to enhance organizations' effectiveness and develop leadership skills may be interested in Northcentral University's Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a specialization in Organizational Leadership program. Learn more about this program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a specialization in Organizational Leadership
School Offering Program:
Students must already hold a master's degree from a regionally accredited university. Previous work experience or academic work in education may be helpful. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree.
The Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a specialization in Organizational Leadership program is designed to give students the opportunity to engage in academic research and scholarship. Students have the chance to enhance their communications skills and competencies. The Doctor of Philosophy degree program requires students to carry out original research in service of completing a dissertation. Coursework in the core program includes statistics, qualitative methods, quantitative methods, and research design. Specialization courses include conflict resolution, leadership, and organizational development.
Total Credits Required:
Minimum of 60 credit hours
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Philosophy in Education with a Specialization in Organizational Leadership
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Doctor of Education Foundation Courses (24 credits)
- EDU 8000: Foundations for Graduate Study in Education
- EDU 8001: Advanced Scholarly Writing
- EDR 8200: Scholarly Literature Review
- EDR 8203: Research Methods
- EDR 8201: Statistics I
- EDR 8202: Statistics II
- EDR 8204: Advanced Qualitative Design and Measurement
- EDR 8205: Advanced Quantitative Design and Measurement
- One additional Specialization or Elective Course
Organizational Leadership Specialization Courses
- OL 7100: Conflict Resolution and Mediation
- OL 7101: Building Organizational Capacity
- OL 7102: Leadership Ethics to Attain Organizational Excellence
- OL 7103: Theory and Practice of Organizational Leadership
- OL 7104: Leadership in Nonprofit Organizations
- OL 7105: Leadership in Organizational Change
Doctoral Comprehensive Examination (3 credits)
- CMP 9700E: Doctoral Comprehensive Assessment: Pre-Candidacy Prospectus
Dissertation Requirements (12 credits)
- DIS 9901A: Components of the Dissertation
- DIS 9902A: The Dissertation Proposal
- DIS 9903A: Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Data Collection
- DIS 9904A: The Dissertation Manuscript and Defense
Post Graduation Opportunities
This program gives students the opportunity to develop research, analytical, and leadership skills. These skills may prepare students for a variety of positions in education and organizational development. Possible positions graduates could pursue include:
- School principal
- Organizational developer