PhD in Marriage & Family Therapy - Child & Adolescent Therapy
Students enrolled in Northcentral University's Ph.D. in Marriage and Family Therapy with a specialization in Child and Adolescent Therapy program have an opportunity to study dynamics of family interaction, advanced theories in marriage and family therapy, and other relevant topics. Read on to learn more about the Ph.D. in Marriage and Family Therapy with a specialization in Child and Adolescent Therapy program here.
Official Program Name:
Ph.D. in Marriage and Family Therapy with a specialization in Child and Adolescent Therapy
School Offering Program:
Applicants to Northcentral University's Ph.D. in Marriage and Family Therapy with a specialization in Child and Adolescent Therapy program should have some educational background in the field and have an interest in becoming a child therapist. Applicants to Northcentral University's online doctoral programs should already possess a master's degree in a clinical/therapy training program.
Northcentral University's Ph.D. in Marriage and Family Therapy with a specialization in Child and Adolescent Therapy program is designed to teach students about research methods in marriage and family therapy (MFT), advanced theories of MFT, scholarly writing in MFT, dynamics of family interaction, and statistical design for MFT research. The degree program also includes an internship, a practicum, and a dissertation. The dissertation must be submitted and defended before that degree can be awarded.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Ph.D. in Marriage and Family Therapy with a Specialization in Child and Adolescent Therapy:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Required Courses (72 credits)
- MFT7101: Foundations for Doctoral Study in MFT
- MFT7102: Scholarly Writing in MFT
- MFT8101: Advanced Theories in MFT
- MFT7103: Research Methods in MFT
- MFT8102: Dynamics of Family Interaction
- MFT7104: Statistical Design for MFT Research
- MFT8201: Play Therapy Methods
- MFT7105: Assessment in MFT Research and Intervention
- MFT8202: Family Therapy with Adolescents
- MFT7106: Quantitative Research Design in MFT
- MFT8203: Parenting Strategies
- MFT7107: Qualitative Research Design in MFT
- MFT8204: ADHD Assessment and Treatment
- MFT7108: Advanced Data Analysis Strategies in MFT
- MFT8951: MFT Doctoral Practicum I
- MFT8961: MFT Doctoral Internship I (1-credit course)
- MFT8962: MFT Doctoral Internship II (1-credit course)
- MFT8965: MFT Doctoral Internship and Portfolio (1-credit course)
- MFT8970: MFT Supervision Methods
- MFT8971: MFT Supervision Practicum I (1-credit course)
- MFT8972: MFT Supervision Practicum II (1-credit course)
- MFT8975: MFT Supervision Practicum Completion (1-credit course)
- MFT7109: Planning Dissertation Research in MFT
- CMP9500MFT: MFT Doctoral Comprehensive Examination
- DIS9501MFT: Doctoral Dissertation Research I
- DIS9502MFT: Doctoral Dissertation Research II
- DIS9503MFT: Doctoral Dissertation Research III
- DIS9504MFT: Doctoral Dissertation Research IV
Students who have completed Northcentral University's Ph.D. in Business Administration with a specialization in Child and Adolescent Therapy program have an opportunity to pursue careers in the field. Possible employers include community care centers, educational institutions, nonprofits, and social work agencies. Many graduates may choose to open their own child therapy clinic and build up a client base.
Some possible careers that graduates could pursue include:
- Child therapist
- Family therapist
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!