PhD in Psychology - Industrial Organizational Psychology
Students who want to work in organizational settings may be interested in Northcentral University's Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology with a specialization in Industrial Organizational Psychology program. Learn more about this program here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology with a specialization in Industrial Organizational Psychology
School Offering Program:
Students must already hold a master's degree from a regionally accredited university. Previous academic work in psychology may be helpful. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree.
Northcentral University's Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology with a specialization in Industrial Organizational Psychology program is designed to give students a chance to develop the ability to evaluate, integrate, and interpret a base of knowledge in psychology. Students may also learn about research methodologies and strategies. The curriculum emphasizes critical thinking skills necessary to generate arguments and develop insights in psychology. The industrial organizational psychology specialization provides an in-depth look at the world of work and how organizations function. Eighteen credit hours of coursework are spent on the industrial organizational psychology specialization.
Total Credits Required:
Minimum of 60 credit hours
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" for school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's circumstances. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still Have Questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers and advice.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology with a Specialization in Industrial Organizational Psychology
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Doctor of Philosophy Foundation Courses (30 credits)
- PSY 7101: Foundations for Doctoral Study in Psychology
- PSY 7102: Scholarly Writing and Professional Communication in Psychology
- PSY 7103: Research Methods
- PSY 7104: Statistics I
- PSY 7105: Tests and Measurements
- PSY 7106: Quantitative Research Design
- PSY 7107: Statistics II
- PSY 7108: Qualitative Research Design
- PSY 7109: Planning Dissertation Research in Psychology
- CMP 9701P: Pre-Candidacy Prospectus
Specialization Courses (18 credits)
- PSY 8400: Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- PSY 8401: Leadership and Management
- PSY 8402: Work Motivation and Attitudes
- PSY 8403: Organizational Development
- PSY 8404: Consulting in Business, Education, and Health
- PSY 8406: Multivariate Statistical Analysis
Dissertation Requirements (12 credits)
- DIS 9901A: Components of the Dissertation
- DIS 9902A: The Dissertation Proposal
- DIS 9903A: Institutional Review Board (IRB) and Data Collection
- DIS 9904A: The Dissertation Manuscript and Defense
Post Graduation Opportunities
In this program, students may gain an understanding of the theory and practice of psychology. Courses in the industrial organizational psychology specialization may allow students to learn about applying psychological principles to the workplace. Possible positions graduates could pursue include:
- Industrial organizational psychologist
- Organizational development consultant
- Team development specialist
Get your customized answers
Complete the form below to get program details, start dates, tuition, financial aid information, and much more!